• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

Okay, Boardies, this one's about the mods & their moderation.

So, let's hear it. Tell us how you really feel about this subject.

fascinating_zps89fdf963.gif

I've never met nor corresponded with a moderator, never been wrist-slapped, given a strike, warning or reprimand, never had a post deleted, nor reported... hmmmmmm... Maybe I don't post enough :sorry:

I've never met nor corresponded with a moderator, never been wrist-slapped, given a strike, warning or reprimand, never had a post deleted, nor reported... hmmmmmm... Maybe I don't post enough :sorry:

You've probably never been accused of having bad taste in comics, pulps, & the like, either.

(worship)

Ohhhhh goody. Another thread with the potential for poof, locked or strikes. (worship)

If I win any points, I surrender them to you as I'm not a playa in the points thread.

Ohhhhh goody. Another thread with the potential for poof, locked or strikes. (worship)

If I win any points, I surrender them to you as I'm not a playa in the points thread.

I'll bait you into a strike in return. lol

As OP, you're guaranteed to lose points anyway.

& there ya have it.

I got a strike a few months back. I'm not even sure why. It said Posting Personal info. Was it my personal info? A company's personal info? Publicly available contact info? Some people can mask all day and not get a strike. Others get slammed down fast and have their own threads on it.

If a Mod can take the time to go out of their way to read a thread then they could drop the offender a quick PM to calm them down a little. 99.9% of the people would take a step back and cool off. I was a Mod for years for other boards. It does get annoying after a while telling the same people to calm down, but then you take action, not just because you can. The more posts someone makes the greater risk they are at getting strikes; just because. Don't use the strike system to deter valid thoughts, ideas, and grievances as long as they are expressed with taste.

I got a strike a few months back. I'm not even sure why. It said Posting Personal info. Was it my personal info? A company's personal info? Publicly available contact info? Some people can mask all day and not get a strike. Others get slammed down fast and have their own threads on it.

If a Mod can take the time to go out of their way to read a thread then they could drop the offender a quick PM to calm them down a little. 99.9% of the people would take a step back and cool off. I was a Mod for years for other boards. It does get annoying after a while telling the same people to calm down, but then you take action, not just because you can. The more posts someone makes the greater risk they are at getting strikes; just because. Don't use the strike system to deter valid thoughts, ideas, and grievances as long as they are expressed with taste.

Notify Mod button clicked liberally. :baiting:

I disagree with the idea that more posts creates greater risk outright. It only poses greater risk if what is posted is consistently pushing boundaries. You can be an entertaining, respectable, prolific poster (even during disagreements!) without ever having a moderator so much as raise an eyebrow as to the content of your posts.

Given the number of mods listed on the bottom of this page, you'd think they would be on top of things more than they are.

People complain now because moderation isn't good enough. If moderation tightened up, then people would complain that it's too tough or draconian.

Be careful what you wish you, you just might get it.

The problem is the cadre of jaded veteran members, who hang out in Comics Central, and never talk about comic books. They discuss subjects better suited for the Water Cooler, stirring the pot and playing chicken with the Mods.

When one gets a strike they suddenly become victims. lol