• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

CBT told valiantman to come to FanExpo and say something to his face. This is often interpreted as a threat and seems to usually end in a strike.

Why is this weak approach becoming a common form of debate now?

Better you pulled out your best books and call someone "SONNY".

:sumo:

:preach:

Did you say something, sonny?

$1 bin find.

action-comics-1-cgc9.0-cage-215x350.jpg

I used to have a 9.9 copy. zzz
:ohnoez:

Wasn't he also the one who published someone's name and address in the probation thread?

I've noticed those strike notices are not exactly long winded, might have been a two for one...

Not that you should troll, lol.

"Thread disruption?"

Hell, this place should be a ghost town. lol

lol It seems like there is a bit of OVER moderation going on. (shrug)

Yeah. Barney Fife may be moonlighting as a moderator here. hm

"Thread disruption?"

That's what was funny about the butthurt thread. He had a valid point. The pendulum has swung back to the puritanical side for the moment. But that gets lost in the shuffle when you are a serial s-word-y thread starter.

"Thread disruption?"

barney-fife_zpsac6a8f0c.jpg

"Thread disruption?"

That's what was funny about the butthurt thread. He had a valid point. The pendulum has swung back to the puritanical side for the moment. But that gets lost in the shuffle when you are a serial s-word-y thread starter.

I'll admit, his threads about hockeywhateverhisnameis were typical Rupp (over-the-top, with no dial-back in what he posted). Especially bringing it into Comics General.

But then look at much of what gets posted here, and a reasonable mind can see CG is a hodgepodge of topics that really could be posted in the Water Cooler, comic age forums, Ask CGC or sales forums but end up here.

- A buddy pressed my books and I want to recognize him for it (FREE ADVERTISING - should be posted in Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum)

- I just got in a huge pile of slabbed books from CGC, and I want to make you all aware I got them in so you make me offers (FREE ADVERTISING - those books should be posted in the appropriate comic age area)

- Hey, I just completed a set of books, and I want to make you all aware of it because by the way I have extras if you want them (FREE ADVERTISING - should be posted in the appropriate comic age forum)

So are we picking and choosing what we feel is FREE ADVERTISING and what isn't? Seems so when other board members get a pass on this FREE ADVERTISING train.

(shrug)

paperheart - strike

ComicParadox - strike

comicparadox - strike (must be ComicParadox's little brother)

toyman - strike

CBT - Strike

stanley1883 (strike, but not noted)

yonico - strike

CR - strike

stanley1883 - strike

Where's the 10th?

I have no idea how many threads are started per week in CG or if there is a way to tell. I looked back at my own started threads and I had 6 in a year and most were BD threads or Charity stuff. I looked at the lists of two of the upset people and there were that many in a month.

I don't think anyone thinks that CGC has a whole cadre of mods on payroll ft. If you look at the list, does anyone really think that Matt Nelson or Harshen are montoring the threads all day? It's a business, this chatboard is a small part of CGC.

When Arch wrote in the thread he started, the one that prompted this thread, he mentioned not being able to read all the posts. There are a lot of members here. not all of them start threads of course, but if you multiply the ones that do, it would create a lot of reading work for the Mods. I believe Arch also mentioned that they needed the "help" from people hitting the mod button.

I think lots of people don't want to hit that button. I know I have to think about it quite a long time before I do, and it's usually for something so outrageous that someone else got there first.

Most probably, the posters who inspire the most hits" are the ones who are most often acting out in front of the class.

I know I didn't notice all those "sales promotional" threads you mentioned. You are correct of course, but I never noticed them. My guess is, lots of other people didn't either, but the louder attention loving people...well, when you like attention and you wave your hands all over the place, or as a friend mentioned, "hang over the side of the school bus throwing spitballs" someone is bound to notice.

There are lots of new posters, I don't know them all, but I have been familiar with the names of every one who got a strike. There is a reason for that. They are in front of the class and more outgoing.