• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

The Jaded Vet Cadre... the Butthurt n00b Support Group.

Despite their names employing the terms cadre & group, those are cabals or cliques.

On most boards, the mods/administrators are fans themselves. Here evidently they are not. They appear to be salaried employees of CGC.

I've not found them to be interested or helpful in the past. On the rare occasion when I've asked them for something, they've ignored me. This is not good. After all, they ostensibly exist to serve the membership.

:preach:

Despite their names employing the terms cadre & group, those are cabals or cliques.

We prefer "cartel", or "conclave".

We prefer the term "coven."

Or maybe "syndicate".

Or maybe "syndicate".

Or anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Or maybe "syndicate".

They have all the cutest girls.

On most boards, the mods/administrators are fans themselves. Here evidently they are not. They appear to be salaried employees of CGC.

I've not found them to be interested or helpful in the past. On the rare occasion when I've asked them for something, they've ignored me. This is not good. After all, they ostensibly exist to serve the membership.

They're not. At least not all of them. There may be some employees who also serve in a mod function. But I'm pretty sure the company serving/administering the boards, also employs Arch. Not CGC. An outside company.

These boards aren't a charitable exercise. They are a direct and indirect revenue generation tool. Start acting like customers, not guests lucky to be welcomed in.

They're not. At least not all of them. There may be some employees who also serve in a mod function. But I'm pretty sure the company serving/administering the boards, also employs Arch. Not CGC. An outside company.

These boards aren't a charitable exercise. They are a direct and indirect revenue generation tool. Start acting like customers, not guests lucky to be welcomed in.

more byatching about TAT's it is

:whee:

Or maybe "syndicate".

I don't really care if you're a conglomerate of crafty & cryptic, corporate confreres & Kabbalists; you're still a cabal or clique on the Boards.