• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Grading Contest..

105 posts in this topic

steve said in the beginning that he thought the group should be run this way, no one disagreed with him and we're 3 for 3 at the moment. it's working for us.

Of course it is, that's the problem. If it's one-on-one, let's do it that way, and stop *pretending* it's team-based.

steve said in the beginning that he thought the group should be run this way, no one disagreed with him and we're 3 for 3 at the moment. it's working for us.

Of course it is, that's the problem. If it's one-on-one, let's do it that way, and stop *pretending* it's team-based.

are you just upset that you're going to have to share your prizes if you win?

and it has worked so far as we've hit all 3 dead-on.

Correction, ... HE'S hit all 3 dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

Good god, GET OVER IT.

You are the most relentlessly negative, unhappy creature I've ever had the great misfortune of encountering. How you have made it this far without offing yourself is, and always will be, a mystery to me.

His team isn't complaining, but YOU'RE complaining FOR them? Is that how this is working in your mind? Are you some sort of Grading Contest participant's advocate? I suppose it's somewhat ironic, if not predictable, that a comic collector (read: superhero fanboy) would CONTINUALLY feel the need to take up the cause for the "little guy."

There. I've been trying SO HARD to be nice... but you're being ridiculous.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifTHAT'S TELLING HIM!!!!!!!

There's no I in TEAM, and if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

NO BUT THERE IS A U IN STUPID !!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

That's pretty insulting to Niko and UV set this thing up! They laid out the rules. You agreed to them by joining.

The rule is "Teams should discuss the grade of the books via PM. Once a consensus has been reached among the team, the captain will PM ultimatevenom with their guess."

The rule doesn't dictate how the consensus should be reached. That should be decided by what suits each team best.

There IS no "let's" in this ("let's open it up that way.") It isn't OUR contest to change.

if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

That's pretty insulting to Niko and UV set this thing up! They laid out the rules. You agreed to them by joining.

The rule is "Teams should discuss the grade of the books via PM. Once a consensus has been reached among the team, the captain will PM ultimatevenom with their guess."

The rule doesn't dictate how the consensus should be reached. That should be decided by what suits each team best.

There IS no "let's" in this ("let's open it up that way.") It isn't OUR contest to change.

He is old AND wise! Who knew?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

There's no I in TEAM, and if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

Good lord. If you want to prove your grading superiority, why don't you just challenge individual forum members to GRADE-OFFs ? 893frustrated.gif

" YOU GOT SERVED!!! " exclaims J_C.... insane.gif

Umm, I don't think that's quite what a team-based grade is supposed to be.

How would you determine a team based grade?

Right from when the contest was announced, I *assumed* that we'd all be forwarding grades to UV, and then he'd dole out "team points" based on how close each team member was.

That way, everyone competes, everyone grades, and at the end of the competition, the best TEAM will win.

This way is like putting Albert Pujols on my baseball team,and letting him bat 9 times straight, while everyone else sits on the bench. Go Albert!! Yeah, we won!!! 893frustrated.gif

Umm, I don't think that's quite what a team-based grade is supposed to be.

How would you determine a team based grade?

Right from when the contest was announced, I *assumed* that we'd all be forwarding grades to UV, and then he'd dole out "team points" based on how close each team member was.

That way, everyone competes, everyone grades, and at the end of the competition, the best TEAM will win.

This way is like putting Albert Pujols on my baseball team,and letting him bat 9 times straight, while everyone else sits on the bench. Go Albert!! Yeah, we won!!! 893frustrated.gif

Team:"a group of people constituting one side in a contest or competition"

Team:"a group of people working together in a coordinated effort"

Webster's New World Dictionary Thrid College Edition.

I read Round 3 contest and have some comments then questions due to MK and JC's comments...

I feel my (Aces') team is being run like a democracy. Round 2 was a little more difficult because our grading was all over a map, but he still tried to average our grades out.

So

(1) For captains, How many members of your team are actually participating?

(2) For noncaptains, do you feel that your team is "democractic"? Do you feel ignored?

I'm just curious.

Peter

Actually I'd say more like a republic.

*cough* *cough* smile.gif

tongue.gif893naughty-thumb.gif no more political talk! grin.gif

NO BUT THERE IS A U IN STUPID !!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I have to tell ya I laughed out loud at work on that one.