• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Grading Contest..

105 posts in this topic

I read Round 3 contest and have some comments then questions due to MK and JC's comments...

I feel my (Aces') team is being run like a democracy. Round 2 was a little more difficult because our grading was all over a map, but he still tried to average our grades out.

So

(1) For captains, How many members of your team are actually participating?

(2) For noncaptains, do you feel that your team is "democractic"? Do you feel ignored?

I'm just curious.

Peter

I love my team. They are the best. They treat me well and feed me regularly.

(Help me!! They beat me with reeds and cut my toenails too short!)

Stop your whining....or it's back in the hole you go. mad.gif

Hi Peter,

1.) I am captain of our team. Everyone has equal say, and we do not submit an answer until we have all given an initial grade, see each other's comments, and have an opportunity to adjust our answer. We have a provision in place where at least 3 out of 4 of us must agree on a grade before it is submitted, but we have been unanimous in our decisions so far. I do not wield any veto power or make any executive decisions for the group.

2.) They probably hate me.

1.) I am captain of our team. Everyone has equal say, and we do not submit an answer until we have all given an initial grade, see each other's comments, and have an opportunity to adjust our answer. We have a provision in place where at least 3 out of 4 of us must agree on a grade before it is submitted, but we have been unanimous in our decisions so far. I do not wield any veto power or make any executive decisions for the group.

Translation: They do as I SAY, or it's back in the hole for the lot of them!! makepoint.gif

Translation: They do as I SAY, or it's back in the hole for the lot of them!! makepoint.gif

Yep. I insist that everyone get along and have fun participating in this contest that Nikos and UV have been so generous to sponsor!

Team Fear has had input from every member on every book. On round two, as I've said, they let me talk them into a 5.0 on the Daredevil, but I learned my lesson early at least. We've had great input from every member. And it has been fun. thumbsup2.gif Although this morning I felt pretty low after my "post".

I'm captain, and there has been disagreements, and I have listened and graded according to the group, not my own feelings (Although that would have given us a whole point this last round 893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif).

All members are PM'd several times, and some give feedback more than others. But always at least one reply from teammates (Sometimes 10 893whatthe.gif)

Osborn_France so far has acted like a true stateman giving each member plenty of opportunity to add their two cents. I think we PM until we have a concensus within 1/2 grade and then he picks the final.

As far as other members, I still haven't ever heard back from one member..but he does contact the captain. Also, I think Stout1 may be thinking that the rest of us are dragging him down as he's been on the money twice and we may have talked him out of it. 893frustrated.gif

I'm captain, and there has been disagreements, and I have listened and graded according to the group, not my own feelings (Although that would have given us a whole point this last round 893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif).

All members are PM'd several times, and some give feedback more than others. But always at least one reply from teammates (Sometimes 10 893whatthe.gif)

we love you man!!! 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gifflowerred.gif

I read Round 3 contest and have some comments then questions due to MK and JC's comments...

I feel my (Aces') team is being run like a democracy. Round 2 was a little more difficult because our grading was all over a map, but he still tried to average our grades out.

So

(2) For noncaptains, do you feel that your team is "democractic"? Do you feel ignored?

I'm just curious.

Peter

Actually I'd say more like a republic.

*cough* *cough* smile.gif

steve (sfilosa) waits for each member to post their grades and then has gone with approx the average. twice it's been very easy with a grade high, a grade low and 2 square in the middle. the third we were a little more spread out and he went with the two middle grades. and it has worked so far as we've hit all 3 dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

so, everyone gets to participate and steve has gone with the average/median/middle grade each time. (of course he's personally hit the nail on the head in each round, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when he disagrees with the rest of the team devil.gif

i had the worst guess so far in round 2 (almost as bad as redhooks grin.gif)

So

I'm just curious.

Peter

All member are participating. And I as a Captain, have tried to get the average grade amongst the guesses.

so, everyone gets to participate and steve has gone with the average/median/middle grade each time.

So... basically he decides on an estimated grade, and then picks which method will get him there. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Umm, I don't think that's quite what a team-based grade is supposed to be. foreheadslap.gif

and it has worked so far as we've hit all 3 dead-on.

Correction, ... HE'S hit all 3 dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

Good god, GET OVER IT.

You are the most relentlessly negative, unhappy creature I've ever had the great misfortune of encountering. How you have made it this far without offing yourself is, and always will be, a mystery to me.

His team isn't complaining, but YOU'RE complaining FOR them? Is that how this is working in your mind? Are you some sort of Grading Contest participant's advocate? I suppose it's somewhat ironic, if not predictable, that a comic collector (read: superhero fanboy) would CONTINUALLY feel the need to take up the cause for the "little guy."

There. I've been trying SO HARD to be nice... but you're being ridiculous.

and it has worked so far as we've hit all 3 dead-on.

Correction, ... HE'S hit all 3 dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

I hit 2 of them dead-on and was only off the other by .2.

steve said in the beginning that he thought the group should be run this way, no one disagreed with him and we're 3 for 3 at the moment. it's working for us.