• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Grading Contest..

105 posts in this topic

There. I've been trying SO HARD to be nice... but you're being ridiculous.

There's no I in TEAM, and if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

NO BUT THERE IS A U IN STUPID !!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I have to tell ya I laughed out loud at work on that one.

consider it a gift then flowerred.gifhi.gif

Webster's New World Dictionary Thrid College Edition.

Forgive me if I don''t trust the definitions. 27_laughing.gif

why am i not suprised 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

You spelled it, not me. foreheadslap.gif

Would you be more apt to trust the Frist Edition???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Webster's New World Dictionary Thrid College Edition.

Forgive me if I don''t trust the definitions. 27_laughing.gif

why am i not suprised 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

You spelled it, not me. foreheadslap.gif

Would you be more apt to trust the Frist Edition???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

R O F L O L thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Umm, I don't think that's quite what a team-based grade is supposed to be.

How would you determine a team based grade?

Right from when the contest was announced, I *assumed* that we'd all be forwarding grades to UV, and then he'd dole out "team points" based on how close each team member was.

That way, everyone competes, everyone grades, and at the end of the competition, the best TEAM will win.

This way is like putting Albert Pujols on my baseball team,and letting him bat 9 times straight, while everyone else sits on the bench. Go Albert!! Yeah, we won!!! 893frustrated.gif

yes. that could happen. but i'm curious if you have any specific instances where that has happened so far.

and did you mention this idea on how to run this contest before the game started? didn't we have a huge thread about how the contest would work?

Well, apparantly my post which is, of course, the only really relevant post to this particualr topic, has been glossed over by hijinnks and hooliganisms. So allow me to reiterate:

The rule is "Teams should discuss the grade of the books via PM. Once a consensus has been reached among the team, the captain will PM ultimatevenom with their guess. ... The rule doesn't dictate how the consensus should be reached. That should be decided by what suits each team best."

It is too late to start this line now. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, apparantly my post which is, of course, the only really relevant post to this particualr topic, has been glossed over by hijinnks and hooliganisms. So allow me to reiterate:

The rule is "Teams should discuss the grade of the books via PM. Once a consensus has been reached among the team, the captain will PM ultimatevenom with their guess. ... The rule doesn't dictate how the consensus should be reached. That should be decided by what suits each team best."

bah. ignoring logic, definitions, rules, etc etc, is more fun.

This is ridiculous! 893frustrated.gif

you forgot the "HULK SMASH!" grin.gif

Come on, I'm not trying to change the contest. 893frustrated.gif

Then how do we interpret if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way. ???

Seriously? If you were reading this from someone else, would you not interpret that as someone seeking to change the contest?

There's no I in TEAM, and if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

Me too! But at home instead of at work!

Me too! But at home instead of at work!

thumbsup2.gifhi.gifacclaim.gifThank you, thank you : "There will be two shows Sat. 10 and 1"

"Stop on by." acclaim.gif27_laughing.gif

Then how do we interpret if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way. ???

Seriously? If you were reading this from someone else, would you not interpret that as someone seeking to change the contest?

Nah, check Beyonder's response for a pretty fair assessment. Just macho 893censored-thumb.gif getting ahead of the old brain. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I'm a little surprised we are getting Grading Notes.

We didn't for the first round, but then we are.

One could argue that that allows those with the lead to maintain it and those of us (who shall be nameless) to never close the gap.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

One could argue that that allows those with the lead to maintain it and those of us (who shall be nameless) to never close the gap.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

That's a good point, but until this round we didn't get them BEFORE the round was over. However, while it's hard enough to grade from a scan, it's really hard to grade high-grade white-covered books from a scan (and yes, I consider 7.5 high grade for the Spidey 62), so maybe that's why Nikos decided to give us them this time?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

That's a good point, but until this round we didn't get them BEFORE the round was over. However, while it's hard enough to grade from a scan, it's really hard to grade high-grade white-covered books from a scan (and yes, I consider 7.5 high grade for the Spidey 62), so maybe that's why Nikos decided to give us them this time?

HEY! round 4 is not over! Why are you giving gradestimates out????

Tsk tsk, premature! 893frustrated.gif

gossip.gifmust've caught it from Redhook gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

HEY! round 4 is not over! Why are you giving gradestimates out????

Tsk tsk, premature! 893frustrated.gif

gossip.gifmust've caught it from Redhook gossip.gif

Or he just wants to be generous and give the rest of us a chance by taking a bye this round...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You and every other team could have asked Nikos for the Graders notes in any round. Same with the AT #25, teams could have asked nikos about the cover wear, yet chose not to.