• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving with a large......

23 posts in this topic

I moved from Floriduh to New Jersey. I pulled out a bunch of stuff and sold it at the flea market. Some doctor came buy and bought the whole shebang. Maybe $30 a long box? It's been 7 years so I don't really remember, maybe it was $50? He had a friend who looked and advised him. Funny thing is, the guy was a friend of mine too. Wonder which way he felt more loyalty towards. I had worked for him, and bought stuff. I suspect the Dr, but I don't really know, to tell some guy to buy that stuff seemed specious. I ended up moving 15 or so long boxes. Some of the lids flew off the trailer around Port St. Lucie. Good times!!

When I moved I prepared the long boxes that were going to come on the moving truck. I took two short boxes of my high value/high grade comics and took them with me, personally. Nothing got damaged of dinged.

I have 6 long boxes under my desk at work right now. No way are they going to the apartment while the new house is being built and yep, only I move them so damage done is damage by me. Now if I could just figure out a place to put my feet when I need to work.... hm