• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last issue of X-statix

2 posts in this topic

well, i just got my load of monthly books in from Daves comics. Inside was the last issue of X-statix. For me, i feel the momentum at marvel that began in 2001 is over now. The pace of the storyline slowed to a snails pace around issue ummm 15 i think, and stayed like that till about 20.

Personally, i have enjoyed these last few issues where they battle it out with the avengers and i always felt the series represented what was right with marvel and ultimately, was a nice predictor of what was going on with the company. When x-statix changed from x-force that was when all the renumbering and relaunching was being formulated. When the story began to slack on this book, i remember the same was about to happen or was already evident in ASM or FF. Now that the ride is over, what do you guys feel is plan B? I feel like marvel as a company is riding right back to the way it was in the 90's. Too many titles saying nada, the same characters in every book, and multiple covers outta the wazzoo.

Thoughts?

I never read the title so I have no opinion on what effect it was having.

What I can see is it would seem Marvel is certainly in the business of promoting its movies, now more than ever! Just look at all the limited series that came out with Spidey vs. Doc Ock around the time Spidey 2 came out. Of course there is nothing wrong with promoting movies and the trend will no doubt continue as long as Marvel is making movies. It just saddens me when they seem more interested in movie promotion than in making quality comics.

(Dont forget what they were going to do to the bases at the baseball games to promote this Spidey movie!! makepoint.gif)