• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con is a den of hedonism?

94 posts in this topic

Now that is a powerful statement.

"And you know, sometimes the victory is not in defeating the monster. Sometimes the victory is simply in taking up arms."

I've played a lot of D&D and victory IS in defeating the monster.

I love EVS. lol

That poor young woman who offered you sex for a place to stay. That poor young woman.

:roflmao:

"And you know, sometimes the victory is not in defeating the monster. Sometimes the victory is simply in taking up arms."

I was in a comic/game store this past weekend. The back issues are crammed into the back of the gaming room where a Magic the Gathering tournament was taking place. It was standing room only as there were a LOT of people there.

I squeezed my way past everyone and started looking through the dusty comic boxes. After a few minutes I noticed that everything had gotten quiet and looked up to see everyone just standing there staring at me like I was a freak.

So before I could stop myself I announced, "I used to play this game when it was called Dungeons and Dragons and you had to hide in friend's basements to play it without ridicule."

Everyone immediately went back to playing.

Good times.

See, you were playing it wrong.

By Dragon*Con standards of D&D, you dress the monster up as a storm trooper and :censored: it on the balcony until the monster knows who the boss is.

No wonder why you stopped playing. How boring!

(:

I was in a comic/game store this past weekend. The back issues are crammed into the back of the gaming room where a Magic the Gathering tournament was taking place. It was standing room only as there were a LOT of people there.

I squeezed my way past everyone and started looking through the dusty comic boxes. After a few minutes I noticed that everything had gotten quiet and looked up to see everyone just standing there staring at me like I was a freak.

So before I could stop myself I announced, "I used to play this game when it was called Dungeons and Dragons and you had to hide in friend's basements to play it without ridicule."

Everyone immediately went back to playing.

Good times.

lol

I had that happen this weekend when I went into a store for the first time to buy magazine boxes. Must have been 30 (+) people playing MtG, and they went silent when I asked to buy something.

Must have been shocking for the store owner as well, as he came running over like "WOW, a paying customer".

:whee:

Until he gets prosecuted and the details of the case him are laid out, it's premature to make a judgment.

The allegations are horrible, and next to none of the actual details of the proof against him have been shown before the court. Opining now would be a guess, and a reckless one.

It's come up before, but always came down to the final real proof needs to be fleshed out to drive home reality is he or is he not guilty.

But it was interesting in the previous thread it was mentioned he was found to be in a room with a 12-14 (?) year old when he is supposed to be restricted from such engagements.

Until he gets prosecuted and the details of the case him are laid out, it's premature to make a judgment.

The allegations are horrible, and next to none of the actual details of the proof against him have been shown before the court. Opining now would be a guess, and a reckless one.

From what I understand though there are 4 separate victims and up to this point what has been prolonging the case are well-paid attorneys being funded by Dragon Con money.

Considering he was arrested in 2011 when found in a motel room with a 14 year old boy in Connecticut (despite the 13 year old allegations he has already been dodging trial on) somehow I don't see how opining on this subject would be reckless when it is obviously so blatant.

When I was in college a fried of mine web to Atlanta for work while dragon on was going on. Him and his buddy were riding the elevator in their hotel when they got invited to a cosplay orgy in the hotel. I believe it.

It should be noted that just 4 days ago he has now been denied bail.

Interestingly, his attorney(s) have been saying that he's not medically fit for a long trial and have been using that to delay it.

Somehow he's been medically fit to live for 13 years after the intial charges though. :eyeroll:

Interestingly, his attorney(s) have been saying that he's not medically fit for a long trial and have been using that to delay it.

Somehow he's been medically fit to live for 13 years after the intial charges though. :eyeroll:

All signs point to guilty. It's just been a long road to get there.

All signs point to guilty. It's just been a long road to get there.

Writer Nancy Collins seems to have said it best about the situation concerning the fact that Kramer is still legally connected to Dragon Con and receives a 1/3rd stake in it (which amounted to $156,000 in 2011) despite not sitting on the board anymore.

DragonCon may have no choice as to whether or not it continues to give Ed Kramer money. The same does not hold true to anyone else.

Boycott DragonCon.

Also, nevermind the release a couple months ago from Dragon Con stating that they aren't connected with Kramer and haven't been since 2000.

They have also previously stated that he had been banned from the convention, yet here he is in 2008 at the convention.

Ed Kramer

Writer Nancy Collins seems to have said it best about the situation concerning the fact that Kramer is still legally connected to Dragon Con and receives a 1/3rd stake in it (which amounted to $156,000 in 2011) despite not sitting on the board anymore.

DragonCon may have no choice as to whether or not it continues to give Ed Kramer money. The same does not hold true to anyone else.

Boycott DragonCon.

As a father, I have my own personal feelings how deep a hole this person should be thrown in with a pack of hungry rats and no way to get out. But the legal system has allowed him to be free while it figures out reality.

It's a shame it has taken so very long to determine the final fate of this individual.

He's been dodging prosecution for over a decade now though, so all we have to go on are his actions. How is it reckless to assume he's a child molester after he was caught with a 14 year old child after the court told him NOT to be with anyone under the age of 16? If I was innocent of a charge that damning, I would be doing everything in my power to avoid any speculation on my character. Not digging my hole deeper.

Do you have kids?

From what I understand though there are 4 separate victims and up to this point what has been prolonging the case are well-paid attorneys being funded by Dragon Con money.

Considering he was arrested in 2011 when found in a motel room with a 14 year old boy in Connecticut (despite the 13 year old allegations he has already been dodging trial on) somehow I don't see how opining on this subject would be reckless when it is obviously so blatant.

Seems like it, yes.

I also know everything I know about this case from the media. A healthy dose of using facts to make up ones mind is needed. I feel short on details right now. That's all.