• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con is a den of hedonism?

94 posts in this topic

Until he gets prosecuted and the details of the case him are laid out, it's premature to make a judgment.

The allegations are horrible, and next to none of the actual details of the proof against him have been shown before the court. Opining now would be a guess, and a reckless one.

From what I understand though there are 4 separate victims and up to this point what has been prolonging the case are well-paid attorneys being funded by Dragon Con money.

Considering he was arrested in 2011 when found in a motel room with a 14 year old boy in Connecticut (despite the 13 year old allegations he has already been dodging trial on) somehow I don't see how opining on this subject would be reckless when it is obviously so blatant.

Seems like it, yes.

I also know everything I know about this case from the media. A healthy dose of using facts to make up ones mind is needed. I feel short on details right now. That's all.

It seems that the problem with disassociating themselves (Dragon Con) from him (Kramer) lies with an issue in Georgia law that prevents a corporation from dissolving while there is litigation against it.

Kramer has seen fit to insure that there is constant litigation.

Entirely possible. The others who run Dragon Con would have better luck resigning from the corporation, starting a new one, leaving the original intact, and disassociating themselves that way.

The old corp would be stuck without any staff to run it, and the assets would be gone.

Indeed that seems to be the logical solution yet I'm guessing there is something else preventing them from doing this or else it would have already happened.

Probably true, I am not familiar with the intricacies of the GA law, but if they put in a block from dissolving the corp to stop people from dodging litigation they probably have blocks from people starting a new corp. to do the same thing the old corp. did. Usually that's meant to block evading prosecution/liability. In this case it might actually be abetting it given the income the corp. is forced to provide the defendant.

From the reading I have done on this I beleive that the main reason the board has not resigned and reformed a new company is that they would lose the DragonCon name and brand.

Until he gets prosecuted and the details of the case him are laid out, it's premature to make a judgment.

The allegations are horrible, and next to none of the actual details of the proof against him have been shown before the court. Opining now would be a guess, and a reckless one.

From what I understand though there are 4 separate victims and up to this point what has been prolonging the case are well-paid attorneys being funded by Dragon Con money.

Considering he was arrested in 2011 when found in a motel room with a 14 year old boy in Connecticut (despite the 13 year old allegations he has already been dodging trial on) somehow I don't see how opining on this subject would be reckless when it is obviously so blatant.

Seems like it, yes.

I also know everything I know about this case from the media. A healthy dose of using facts to make up ones mind is needed. I feel short on details right now. That's all.

It seems that the problem with disassociating themselves (Dragon Con) from him (Kramer) lies with an issue in Georgia law that prevents a corporation from dissolving while there is litigation against it.

Kramer has seen fit to insure that there is constant litigation.

Entirely possible. The others who run Dragon Con would have better luck resigning from the corporation, starting a new one, leaving the original intact, and disassociating themselves that way.

The old corp would be stuck without any staff to run it, and the assets would be gone.

Indeed that seems to be the logical solution yet I'm guessing there is something else preventing them from doing this or else it would have already happened.

They want the name. What else would they call it

I love EVS. lol

lol

Love EVS

You should friend him on Facebook.

It's like watching a cat swatting a ball of yarn around the floor. lol

I love EVS. lol

lol

Love EVS

At dinner with Stronguy and I he admitted to posting things purposely just to see how many "friends" he would lose on Facebook because of it.

Ethan is a pretty cool dude. Kramer needs to be locked up forever.

Dragon Con is NOT good for: buying comics, NOT seeing that no one should ever have to see, smells.(what con is though really?)

Dragon Con IS good for: Access to celebrities (Particularly comic creators. This is probably the only con you can go to and walk straight up to someone like Scott Campbell and not have a single person get in your way) Not only that, but there was one evening where i got to chat with stan lee for a while in the hotel lobby, go by the bar and have a few drinks with Mark Texiera and then end up in suite level lounge sipping coffee and talking to Christopher LLoyd while that Hot blonde who played supergirl on Smallville saunters by looking ungodly hot. All this and my girlfriend is right there with me in a corset and hot pants. Then it was pounding drinks like a maniac and going to raves, weirdo panels, and hotel parties with that drunken weirdo who played Ryker on star Trek following us around and making our girlfriend's uncomfortable. Ditching that guy was a highlight for me as i've never liked Star Trek at all and he thought he was the coolest guy ever. I generally don't sleep at this convention so i was awake when the sun came up and helped a lady that was on crutches carry her bags to her room. This is just one day out of the 70 or so that i've spent at Dragon Con.

It's like my Christmas every year, and pretty much the only time that i get to hang out with 20 or so friends from high school/college that have moved out of state. It's unfortunate that that piece of human feces on wheels is tied to the show in whatever way, but Dragon Con is awesome. Also, NO ONE has ever offered Tony Isabella the sex. I mean, COME ON.

Dragon Con is NOT good for: buying comics, NOT seeing that no one should ever have to see, smells.(what con is though really?)

Dragon Con IS good for: Access to celebrities (Particularly comic creators. This is probably the only con you can go to and walk straight up to someone like Scott Campbell and not have a single person get in your way) Not only that, but there was one evening where i got to chat with stan lee for a while in the hotel lobby, go by the bar and have a few drinks with Mark Texiera and then end up in suite level lounge sipping coffee and talking to Christopher LLoyd while that Hot blonde who played supergirl on Smallville saunters by looking ungodly hot. All this and my girlfriend is right there with me in a corset and hot pants. Then it was pounding drinks like a maniac and going to raves, weirdo panels, and hotel parties with that drunken weirdo who played Ryker on star Trek following us around and making our girlfriend's uncomfortable. Ditching that guy was a highlight for me as i've never liked Star Trek at all and he thought he was the coolest guy ever. I generally don't sleep at this convention so i was awake when the sun came up and helped a lady that was on crutches carry her bags to her room. This is just one day out of the 70 or so that i've spent at Dragon Con.

It's like my Christmas every year, and pretty much the only time that i get to hang out with 20 or so friends from high school/college that have moved out of state. It's unfortunate that that piece of human feces on wheels is tied to the show in whatever way, but Dragon Con is awesome. Also, NO ONE has ever offered Tony Isabella the sex. I mean, COME ON.

Cool Story, Bro.

You dropped more names than a census taker falling down a flight of stairs.

I think one of the commenters at the end said something pertinent. People (especially Georgians) should contact their elected representatives, whether they are congressman, senators, judges, District Attorney's or prosecutors to tell them to move faster on the trial.

Get it on the radar of the important people. Boycotting may help a little bit too, but I think acting on multiple fronts is more likely to expedite the process.

I know! I'm trying to sound super impressive to the people reading a comic book message board, and you ruined it! :insane: (or as my good friend Ron Gant (former Atlanta Braves superstar) would say "You ruined it!". That was the point though. This Con is like that. If you spend 4 days there you WILL be in an elevator with someone from Star Wars.

Cool Story, Bro.

You dropped more names than a census taker falling down a flight of stairs.

I think you perfectly answered the thread title question. :golfclap:

I love EVS. lol

lol

Love EVS

At dinner with Stronguy and I he admitted to posting things purposely just to see how many "friends" he would lose on Facebook because of it.

I'm already on his friend's list on FB lol

I work with a guy who thinks Ed is guilty because he was at a party hosted by Ed when he was a teenager and he thought Ed was "creepy". I asked him if there was anything specific or improper that Ed did. His answer was "no". He knows Pat Henry very well and he could not provide any specific instances to back his belief other than what has been presented in the media

I knew Ed's caretaker when he was under house arrest in Georgia. She swore he was innocent and that Ed had made some enemies through his past business dealings. She named some of the people and pointed me to past articles where these people were trying to publicly destroy the man even before the current accusations arose. This woman was ex-military and had a masculine appearance. She told me that some of instances where he is accused of being with a young boy... the person was actually her. She complained a lot about him. Several things make me believe her. First, she didn't like him, Why defend someone you don't like? Second, her defense of him actually was actually advertising the fact she looked boyish. Third, she was able to provide a very plausible back story to explain all the accusations against him.

I see Nancy Collins name appear wherever Ed's name appears online. She *may* have been one of the people that came out on the short end of a business dealing with Ed prior to all these accusations. I don't know who she is, but her name looks familiar and it might be one of the names that Ed's caretaker had told me about.

If Ed is guilty, I hope the delays end soon and he gets his full punishment under the law. I'm apprehensive about jumping on the "boycott Dragon Con" bandwagon because I believe Pat truly would like to sever his business connections with Ed as soon as possible. If you adhere to Christian beliefs, the parable of the wheat and the tares not only describes the appropriate reaction to this dilemma, but it also explains why good and evil coexist at all.

As far as the convention being a den of hedonism.... Tony may have just boosted attendance with his complaints. The thought of dressing up like a Storm Trooper, leaving the basement and actually having sex with a female is heaven to some of the people I've seen there.

DG

:acclaim:

I think you perfectly answered the thread title question. :golfclap:

I work with a guy who thinks Ed is guilty because he was at a party hosted by Ed when he was a teenager and he thought Ed was "creepy". I asked him if there was anything specific or improper that Ed did. His answer was "no". He knows Pat Henry very well and he could not provide any specific instances to back his belief other than what has been presented in the media

I knew Ed's caretaker when he was under house arrest in Georgia. She swore he was innocent and that Ed had made some enemies through his past business dealings. She named some of the people and pointed me to past articles where these people were trying to publicly destroy the man even before the current accusations arose. This woman was ex-military and had a masculine appearance. She told me that some of instances where he is accused of being with a young boy... the person was actually her. She complained a lot about him. Several things make me believe her. First, she didn't like him, Why defend someone you don't like? Second, her defense of him actually was actually advertising the fact she looked boyish. Third, she was able to provide a very plausible back story to explain all the accusations against him.

I see Nancy Collins name appear wherever Ed's name appears online. She *may* have been one of the people that came out on the short end of a business dealing with Ed prior to all these accusations. I don't know who she is, but her name looks familiar and it might be one of the names that Ed's caretaker had told me about.

If Ed is guilty, I hope the delays end soon and he gets his full punishment under the law. I'm apprehensive about jumping on the "boycott Dragon Con" bandwagon because I believe Pat truly would like to sever his business connections with Ed as soon as possible. If you adhere to Christian beliefs, the parable of the wheat and the tares not only describes the appropriate reaction to this dilemma, but it also explains why good and evil coexist at all.

As far as the convention being a den of hedonism.... Tony may have just boosted attendance with his complaints. The thought of dressing up like a Storm Trooper, leaving the basement and actually having sex with a female is heaven to some of the people I've seen there.

DG

You just explained all of the past but none of this explains him getting arrested in 2011 in Connecticut and being subsequently extradited back to Georgia.

I love EVS. lol

lol

Love EVS

I know he does. He's so over the top sometimes I just laugh.

He's like the king of trolls. lol

Last time I went to Dragon Con was in the mid 90's.

For those wanting a more understated PG idea of what it's like:

I remember going from having a lengthy discussion with Monique Gabrielle one moment to having Bob Burden reading me a story from his latest Flaming Carrot comic the next.

Jim Steranko in a purple suit showed me magic tricks and women in dominatrix outfits luring people to their tables selling trinkets.

Bernie Wrightson sitting alone at his table.

Last time I went to Dragon Con was in the mid 90's.

For those wanting a more understated PG idea of what it's like:

I remember going from having a lengthy discussion with Monique Gabrielle one moment to having Bob Burden reading me a story from his latest Flaming Carrot comic the next.

Jim Steranko in a purple suit showed me magic tricks and women in dominatrix outfits luring people to their tables selling trinkets.

Bernie Wrightson sitting alone at his table.

Did you tell them your real last name was Grower?