• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHELTERED from Image

643 posts in this topic

No, the two or three speculators that are willing to pay over cover on Day 1 for large stacks of books are MO ronic. The store that sold out does not have a quantity limit on the number of copies that you can buy, so it is a favorite with the local speculators. However, they will charge double cover or more for any copy after the 5th one if you take a big stack on the first day. Then, after the buyer is gone, they go into the back and restock the shelves. lol

I can remember laughing with one of the workers about a guy that snagged a huge stack of copies of one of the Superior Spidey tie-ins at $8 apiece. I can't remember which of the pre-#700 issues it was, but it was one that only hit above that for a few hours on release day.........

I have NEVER charged over cover for a regular issue comic the week it comes out in 23 years.

The Image train has been rolling for a year now, If a shop cannot order properly they deserve the lost sale.

we "killed" all weekend with Ballistic, Sheltered & Ghosted because eveybody in my area was out.

Do you have a limit of the # of copies a buyer can take at once? The stores that do locally still have them on the shelf as the speculators don't go there. The LCS I have my file at is where the speculators go due to the lack of a purchase limit. However, they will pay a premium so both sides get their gravy. I have no problem with that.

i need to read it again. i read it after Ghosted, which wasnt fair to this book.

I agree I enjoyed Ghosted much more then Sheltered and its probably due my taste in books.

Sheltered is violent, shocking, and tragic in some ways. This will all score big with speculators and boardies here. It will translate well to TV or movies. In fact I think you can almost see it as you are reading it. That being said it didnt score high with me. Looks like a Lord of the Flies remake after 1st issue. Will see what issues 2 and 3 bring.

I enjoyed Sheltered #1. Only concern is that the characters started to become indistinguishable toward the end (my biggest pet peeve with books). But I quick flip thru cleared that up .

Pat

I'm going to say 24,888

I'm going to say it was 24,889...

contestants-row.jpg

$1.00

Ha! lol one of my favorite family guy scenes has the person bidding over the last person by a dollar and the person looks over and says... "F :censored: YOU!"

Just read this 5 minutes ago. Didn't love it, didn't hate it either. As stated earlier, the characters started to become indistinguishable artwise to me. I didn't really know who was who. I did like the twist at the end so I'm in for a few I think.