• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Tripps has left the building*...

18 posts in this topic

Let me tell you I've searched high and low.

I scoured through the trash room,

I swept up and down the hallways,

I scanned the service elevator,

I schmoozed with the porters,

I even surveyed the back entrance...

AND I COULDN"T FIND A DAMNED LEFTOVER CGC BOOK ANYWHERE!!!

Razza-frazza-razza 893frustrated.gif

Truth is, I'm gonna miss him and Lisa and Jack.

Happy Trails, buddy!

Larry

* 2000 Linwood, that is.

Yup, he's leaving today for sunny Fla. i hope my last two books got to him on time grin.gif ( X-men 3 and ST #115 - both pulled in quite nice prices, especially when compared to his other pedigree copies with better PQ).

it's a good thing working with someone who is so well connected.

Good Luck to Doug/Lisa/Jack in their new home.

i know my grading contest captain is one happy camper as doug will be living fairly close by (sfilosa wants to gaze upon that FF#1 in 9.6) cloud9.gif

I feel......like a part.....of me.....is drifting away!

O Captain! My Captain!

by Walt Whitman

O CAPTAIN! my Captain!

your fearful trip is done;  

The books have weather’d every bump,

the grades we loved have run;  

The port is near,

The Gulf is clear,

the people all exclaiming,

Those 9.8's

Enter Florida's Gates

And Borock is proclaiming

But O heart! heart! heart!   

For the labels blue,  

In Fort Lee hangs our head,  

Tis but a lone and empty breeze

And our pedigrees have fled.

know my grading contest captain is one happy camper as doug will be living fairly close by (sfilosa wants to gaze upon that FF#1 in 9.6)

Just one of a thousand books I want to gaze upon. cloud9.gif

Of course, there's a possiblity that a hurricane is going to hit this weekend. 893whatthe.gif

know my grading contest captain is one happy camper as doug will be living fairly close by (sfilosa wants to gaze upon that FF#1 in 9.6)

Just one of a thousand books I want to gaze upon. cloud9.gif

Of course, there's a possiblity that a hurricane is going to hit this weekend. 893whatthe.gif

And will blow all of those books - by sheer happenstance - into your living room?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like Doug and I will be having dinner together Thursday evening at Ruth's Chris (one of Dougs favorite places!). 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm looking forward to it, he is one of my favorite people in this hobby, we will talk about comics, our kids, and the Grateful Dead all evening! thumbsup2.gif

Looks like Doug and I will be having dinner together Thursday evening at Ruth's Chris (one of Dougs favorite places!). 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm looking forward to it, he is one of my favorite people in this hobby, we will talk about comics, our kids, and the Grateful Dead all evening! thumbsup2.gif

Get the Bonnaroo download.

DISC ONE

Tennessee Jed 09:17

Good Lovin' > 08:00

Self Defense 07:36

The Weight 06:45

Me & Bobby McGee 06:03

Mr Charlie > 06:17

Jack Straw > 07:47

Casey Jones 06:11

DISC TWO

St. Stephen > 13:01

The Eleven > 13:13

Dark Star > 12:06

Shine on You Crazy Diamond > 12:01

Dark Star > 03:15

Drums/Space > 17:14

DISC THREE

(Walk Me Out In The) Morning Dew 13:19

Help on the Way > 03:45

Slipknot! > 04:58

Franklin's Tower > 08:58

Turn on Your Lovelight 07:24

Announcements 01:58

One More Saturday Night > 04:58

Box Of Rain 06:37

Looks like Doug and I will be having dinner together Thursday evening at Ruth's Chris (one of Dougs favorite places!).

I'm looking forward to it, he is one of my favorite people in this hobby, we will talk about comics, our kids, and the Grateful Dead all evening!

Now you will have another reason to make a trip to Delray Beach (don't you have a relative here)?

Looks like Doug and I will be having dinner together Thursday evening at Ruth's Chris (one of Dougs favorite places!).

I'm looking forward to it, he is one of my favorite people in this hobby, we will talk about comics, our kids, and the Grateful Dead all evening!

Now you will have another reason to make a trip to Delray Beach (don't you have a relative here)?

Grandma will be back in Delray from NY soon, she spends the summers at my mother's house.

Why don't you take a road trip and have dinner with us Thursday confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

i noticed those sales...were you surprised at the prices? they were less than the list prices right? not bad for a 24 cent investment!! wish my copies wee so well preserved, w/o peanut butter and jelly stains all over em! l o l (i hate that grinning hyena graemlin for 27_laughing.gif)

I like the Dead more and more with every cd of theirs I buy. I'm already a fan, but only have three or four cd's so far. Where would one get this download? Maybe you could pm me if its "sensitive"? flowerred.gif

Grandma will be back in Delray from NY soon, she spends the summers at my mother's house.

Why don't you take a road trip and have dinner with us Thursday

I wish I could but I got to work to pay of the books that I buy from Doug.

foreheadslap.gif

Also, a hurricane is heading this way. 893whatthe.gif

I will definitely go the next time (if Doug gives me advanced notice). Obviously, when you visit Grandma, we will all get together (Grandma to). thumbsup2.gif