• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Books FS. Marvel Mystery 3&4 Detroit Trolley SOLD /CLOSED

10 posts in this topic

I really like these but I have to pay some books off and see a bunch in the horizon. I bought these from Quality Comix and am using their pics. If that's a problem ill break out the camera.

I bought these as complete and unrestored except for the covers obviously. The pair stays together for 750.00 shipped USA only Check, MO PayPal add 3%. I don't have any documentation that they are Detroit Trolley but that was how they were sold to me.

25059_zps98f0652b.jpg

25058_zps1f5e3bb1.jpg

25060_zpsc3023ba3.jpg

25061_zps79af0048.jpg

I have the Detroit Trolley Whiz #2 (#1). Nice color and PQ. Purchased from Brent at Quality.

Still can't figure out why the name Detroit Trolley... (shrug)

Still can't figure out why the name Detroit Trolley... (shrug)

"A horse drawn milk wagon, a trolley car conductor switching tracks for a yellow and green trolley car, and a young boy all paint the picture of simpler times, the end of the Depression Era, and a time in Detroit when a young teenage boy first discovered comic book collecting. In his neighborhood, he remembers picking up the latest issues of his favorite comics along the turn-around route of the Trumble Trolley. He recalls his anticipation as he opened each new adventure, while he sipped on a soda, at the corner soda shops, Richs’ and Cunningham's, then retreating to his own room to devour them all. He didn’t consciously plan to be a collector. He just kept each issue, so he could re-read them and experience their adventures again and again. He used them to help improve his own sketching skills and his drawing perspective. He stored each treasured copy in an orange crate that he kept safe in his room. On December 7th, 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, and at age 17 he joined the Navy to serve his country and he was trained in underwater demolition. The orange crates full of comics and his easel, stayed home with his mother and father. Now this 65 year old collection of adventures has been brought out of storage to be experienced again! All books are raw, completely unrestored in their original state of preservation. It is with great pride that CollectorsAssemble.com introduces the original owner DETROIT TROLLEY pedigree collection comprising only books from the very early classic years of the Golden-Age Of Comics!! "