• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

Also, I would say Kirk was quite different. In the movie he's portrayed as kind of a run and gun rebel. In the TOS he was described ( when a student at the academy ) as a "stack of books with legs".

He may have been described that way, but that's certainly not how he acted in TOS. He depends on his crew for information, then acts on it.

I think they were basically saying how serious he was and didn't fly off the handle.

What you're describing is just him doing his job as Captain. He could pretty much do most of the other jobs on the bridge.

I always liked the original Star Trek TV series - it was one of the few science fiction shows we got in the UK.

I remember taking a day off school so I could see the 1979 film - what a disappointment that was.

When the 'reboot 'came out I had no desire to see something that pretended to be the original - just a good film that paid homage to what came before.

I think that it and the current sequel have done more than that.

I always liked the original Star Trek TV series - it was one of the few science fiction shows we got in the UK.

I remember taking a day off school so I could see the 1979 film - what a disappointment that was.

When the 'reboot 'came out I had no desire to see something that pretended to be the original - just a good film that paid homage to what came before.

But there was that special poster you could only get when you went to the Star Trek: The Movie' film. It had the entire layout of the Enterprise in a cutaway image.

I had that tucked away for a long time. Then it went missing during a military move.

:(

But there was that special poster you could only get when you went to the Star Trek: The Movie' film. It had the entire layout of the Enterprise in a cutaway image.

I had that tucked away for a long time. Then it went missing during a military move.

:(

We never got those in the UK.

I snuck out of school for a day so it wasn't a total loss.

The poster is fantastic. At least it was when I was a kid, getting a first glimpse of the overall Enterprise versus the little TV spots we would see.

I had that poster on my wall for a few years, until high school. Then, new hobby.

woman-warrior.gif

The poster is fantastic. At least it was when I was a kid, getting a first glimpse of the overall Enterprise versus the little TV spots we would see.

I had that poster on my wall for a few years, until high school. Then, new hobby.

woman-warrior.gif

You started making pervy animations?

woman-warrior.gif

Is that Sheera working that Red Light District?

woman-warrior.gif

You started making pervy animations?

lol

I knew you were going to say something like that. That's why I went with it.

:cloud9:

They don't call it Star Trek: The eMotionless Picture for nothing. I didn't see TOS first run as I wasn't born yet, but I saw it in reruns as a child and I was SO looking forward to the movie...what a bummer. At least they made up for it with the sequel.

The attending physician’s name on the biobed monitor by Kirk when he wakes up in the hospital in San Francisco is Dr. Boyce, a reference to the ship’s doctor in the first Star Trek TV pilot ”The Cage”, which is also where we first met the Prime timeline version of Pike.

Interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/may/24/star-wars-trek-jj-abrams

Let's hope STAR WARS (a franchise that J.J. Abrams was born for from what I can tell with his Trek work) fairs better in the plot whole department.

Also Anyone else looking forward to Mr. Plinkett's review of this in RLM?

lol