• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD: Whatya getting?

81 posts in this topic

Another question - why do those FCBD books have barcodes? If they aren't meant to be sold, there is no need for a barcode.

hm

That's a good question. I don't see a publisher using it, but maybe it can help collectors catalog? :shrug:

IDK of any collectors with scanners - there are probably some, though.

:lol:

-slym

As I said in the Killjoy thread , it's still readily available for $1 and under if you look. I'm betting shill.

oh, it is available for 99 cents for now, but once those run out, the 30-day listings with $5 and up price tags will probably be all that is left.

I just think it is shameful to take the FCBD comics and rape a profit out of them. I have sold some, yes, but for never more than $1, and usually less.

-slym

I agree, when they are selling them today since that means they probably held them back from being distributed today.

But in the case of a book like the Sixth Gun, that one didn't really pick up right away, so I don't see a problem with someone making a profit off of it a year or two down the line.

As I said in the Killjoy thread , it's still readily available for $1 and under if you look. I'm betting shill.

oh, it is available for 99 cents for now, but once those run out, the 30-day listings with $5 and up price tags will probably be all that is left.

I just think it is shameful to take the FCBD comics and rape a profit out of them. I have sold some, yes, but for never more than $1, and usually less.

-slym

I agree, when they are selling them today since that means they probably held them back from being distributed today.

But in the case of a book like the Sixth Gun, that one didn't really pick up right away, so I don't see a problem with someone making a profit off of it a year or two down the line.

Whatever the case, there is no reason for this widely distributed free comic to be at $30+ the same day it was released. Right now there are 24 Ebay auctions, all of them cheaper, some with much cheaper BIN's. The $30 auction does not seem possible to be legit.

What I picked up for FCBD was a high grade Marvel Preview #4 1st appearance of Star Lord for $3.50 at Fat Jack's in Philly because they're clueless. Three fiddy, I you not

I had to bite the bullet on the l'amour book. Found a guy with a buy it now for $1.50. Bought all 3 he had and was glad to do so. This book for some reason seems really hard to find. People know they are free, but if they're willing to pay then why not be the guy who profits? Nobody is being forced to pay anything for these free books. Im ny case, i really wanted this book so i paid for it. BTW, that killjoys book at $33 is not my auction but i do have one that statted at .99 and its up to a couple bucks. Same with the strangers.

Yeah, I'm torn on the selling fcbd books thing. I got a lot of extras of things, just because Hastings has a 15 book limit and my wife was with me. I'm mostly just trying to use them to trade for fcbd books that I wanted, that weren't there.

Had a great time at all 3 local shops. Each sold their own versions of FCBD. One shop had them all and limited each to 5 issues, all types of costume characters and had several local artists.. One shop ran a 50% off all comics and had a few FCBD as well. The 3rd shop had most of the FCBD issues, but ran no specials. They did later in the day have Captain America and Batman in costume.

The first and 2nd LCSs above made a killing today in sales. The 3rd shop because their guests were later werent very busy when I was there.

I had to go to a wedding today and missed everything. I tried to order on Midtown, but the ceremony started at 10 (right when Midtown posted) and were sold out by the time it ended. I went to two stores on Long Island between ceremony and reception and they were gone except for something from The History Channel.

I am now on the hunt for The Walking Dead, Killjoys, Overstreet's, and The Strangers.

-slym

Whatever the case, there is no reason for this widely distributed free comic to be at $30+ the same day it was released. Right now there are 24 Ebay auctions, all of them cheaper, some with much cheaper BIN's. The $30 auction does not seem possible to be legit.

An auction has some chance of being legit. There are a TON of people who aren't able to get to a store for FCBD, that or they don't live within a short distance of one, also there were probably some shops that didn't offer this book (mine didn't) and Midtown, was sold out of their FCBD offerings relatively quickly. Add in the people who only want this book because of its connection to the band My Chemical Romance and you have a bunch of people who either can 't get this or they don't know where to get this.

I doubt it will hold. The Umbrella Academy FCBD went for quite a bit for a while, but I think once the music fans got their copies, the book settled somewhere in the $5-$10.00 range IIRC.

My kid had a great first FCBD. Jump house, Snow Cones, and popcorn. Then free comics. Waterfront Comics in Suisun, CA does it right on FCBD. I also picked up some really great TMNT Zombie and non-zomibe prints from some local artists.