• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Marvel Have Editors Anymore?

22 posts in this topic

Over the past 6 months, I have seen so many stupid errors in the books Marvel has put out. Today, I see the Thor #84 cover says Part 4 of 6, but the inside credits say Part the Fifth!

Hello?! 893frustrated.gif

You know I saw that yesterday and I thought to myself, isn't issue 85 the last of the series? Maybe there will be a big finale that is tied into the Avengers but it will be headed under a totally separate one shot title?

You know I saw that yesterday and I thought to myself, isn't issue 85 the last of the series? Maybe there will be a big finale that is tied into the Avengers but it will be headed under a totally separate one shot title?

No, I think they screwed up on the cover. They did the same thing a month or two ago with a Thanos cover.

You know, I have written many manuals over the years, and the one thing you absolutely cannot do is make a mistake on the cover. It reflects a careless and sloppy attitude, and a potential reader that notices can be so put off as to not bother reading the contents.

Are you a Technical Writer?

Yep thumbsup2.gif

Cool! That's really about all I have to say about that. 27_laughing.gif I always thought it sounded like a pretty fun job. thumbsup2.gif

Fun for them to write, but not those of us that have to read the damn things. mad.gif

Can't you do something to spice it up? Throw in a murder. Or a werewolf. Or a murdering werewolf. thumbsup2.gif

Yep thumbsup2.gif

Cool! That's really about all I have to say about that. 27_laughing.gif I always thought it sounded like a pretty fun job. thumbsup2.gif

Fun for them to write, but not those of us that have to read the damn things. mad.gif

Can't you do something to spice it up? Throw in a murder. Or a werewolf. Or a murdering werewolf. thumbsup2.gif

"Like most of the posts on this board," the murdering werewolf thought to himself with murder on his mind.

27_laughing.gif Have to write to the target audience, you know smile.gif

Back when I was doing military manuals, my Tech Illustrator used to think up ways to hide cool things in the artwork for me to try and find. I didn't find all of them.

There are a few M1 tank turbine exploded drawings with hidden Harley-Davidson logos and mudflap babes floating around... 27_laughing.gif

Over the past 6 months, I have seen so many stupid errors in the books Marvel has put out. Today, I see the Thor #84 cover says Part 4 of 6, but the inside credits say Part the Fifth!

I should think that's the least of their problems. Anyone got a GOOD word to say about Marvel right now? confused-smiley-013.gif

I should think that's the least of their problems. Anyone got a GOOD word to say about Marvel right now? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thumbs up to Captain America/Falcon, Pulse, Daredevil, and Loki. The jury is out on the rest of the titles, especially ASM & Avengers.

Yep thumbsup2.gif

I've been doing technical writing for about 10 years and although I have plenty of stories from the different places I've worked (I've worked as a contractor the whole time, until last October, so I've been able to bounce around quite a bit), I wouldn't call the job "fun". To quote Robin Williams, for the most part, "It's as boring as whale shiite". smile.gif If it weren't for e-mail and the internet (and being able to listen to CDs while I work), I would have gotten out of the field years ago. Dry as a bone.