• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2 Results

42 posts in this topic

Ok.... time to stop messing around. From now on I'm going to be grading with my good eye :sumo:

Mike how do you get the computer screen up against your ? lol

oh, a joker eh.... :slapfight:

I gave the BK #1 a 4.5, then changed to a 3.5 because they said we could revise our grades once. I gave the DD a 3.0, then changed to a 1.8 because that thing looks beat. Just goes to show that initial gut feelings are usually better than overthinking something like grading comics. I missed the 1st round so I'll hopefully catch up down the line.

However, I don't really understand the scoring. I think I should have more points.

The Scoring is based on CGC GRADE LEVELS... Not the OS Grade.

So if the BK#1 is a 5.0 and you gave it a 3.5, you're not 1.5 grades off... You're THREE CGC GRADE LEVELS off... 5.0 --> 4.5 --> 4.0 --> 3.5

Ok.... time to stop messing around. From now on I'm going to be grading with my good eye :sumo:

:roflmao: Only cause I know you can take it.

hm considering the context..... .I don't think I like the sound of that (tsk)

he certainly chose his words wisely lol:popcorn:

he certainly chose his words wisely lol:popcorn:

:roflmao: Oops! :roflmao:

I gave the BK #1 a 4.5, then changed to a 3.5 because they said we could revise our grades once. I gave the DD a 3.0, then changed to a 1.8 because that thing looks beat. Just goes to show that initial gut feelings are usually better than overthinking something like grading comics. I missed the 1st round so I'll hopefully catch up down the line.

However, I don't really understand the scoring. I think I should have more points.

So if the BK#1 is a 5.0 and you gave it a 3.5, you're not 1.5 grades off... You're THREE CGC GRADE LEVELS off... 5.0 --> 4.5 --> 4.0 --> 3.5

Gotcha. I'm coming strong in RD. 3

Gotcha. I'm coming strong in RD. 3

:hi:

I apologize to Andy and Shin, I was stuck at work, didn't get to send grades for round 2.

Even with your 0 0, you're still tied for 33rd place. (thumbs u

:roflmao: