• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April sales are out

354 posts in this topic

Hawkeye $$$

right, and why is that, and what's different about it that allowed it to be so ;)

No speculation ? Cool art and story ? Popular movie Avenger ? I think all of the above.

Speaking of archers, do you have any info on month to month Green Arrow sales ? This book has definitely improved since issue 17 with a new creative team IMHO. I would guess sales are up but I haven't heard much word of mouth on them.

agree with "all of the above", with emphasis on the speculation coming AFTER the fact.

and as for your request, next post coming up:

GreenArrowChart.jpg

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Green Arrow 1 55510
Green Arrow 2 52840
Green Arrow 3 42210
Green Arrow 4 33400
Green Arrow 5 30230
Green Arrow 6 27090
Green Arrow 7 26100
Green Arrow 8 24690
Green Arrow 9 26970
Green Arrow 10 25770
Green Arrow 11 24650
Green Arrow 12 23130
Green Arrow 0 28410
Green Arrow 13 22060
Green Arrow 14 21830
Green Arrow 15 20670
Green Arrow 16 19890
Green Arrow 17 36040
Green Arrow 18 28080
Green Arrow 19 29920

GreenArrowChart.jpg

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Series

Issue

PrintRun

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Wow. I wasn't expecting almost double the sales from 16 to 17. I'm glad 18 and 19 had sales that stayed relatively the same. I really like this run. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

You really need to label your y-axis. It looks like Bedlam is almost zero, when actually, it's still more than half of #1.

Force zero as the minimum y value and it will solve the problem.

Actually, its a self adjusting graph, it will always scale the data to leave 10% from the axis, and 10% from the top, using all the space for the data. Otherwise, you end up with all the graphs as virtual straight lines at the top, with no visible demarcation for change. (or you'd have to go logarithmic)

What you actually mean, is label the range that it covers, but i dont need to because i showed the chart below of the data points. If I was to label it more, it would be showing percent change as labels on the lines themselves, which is far more interesting.

But it was just something quick to show the info....

The problem with your method is that you would get the SAME graph for

Bedlam that looked like:

That's not good.

SET the y-axis minimum to zero... seriously... don't argue with me (and don't tell me "what I actually mean"). :makepoint:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/09/lies_damn_lies_and_the_y_axis.html

http://simplystatistics.org/2012/11/26/the-statisticians-at-fox-news-use-classic-and-novel-graphical-techniques-to-lead-with-data/

And...

You're welcome.

:kidaround:

Give people a little credit. I understood both the graph CBT and the government spending graphs that you pointed out. Both point to trends and/or anomalies. The two graphs on government spending both show massive increases in two different ways. The graph he put up for me showed exactly what I was looking for in trends. He also posted complete numerical data below the graph to make the data precise.

I appreciate the information regardless of a particular presentation.

Morning all - bit of sleep and the world is rosier!

Yeah CBT and I are solid - so anyone expecting a Larry-like performance will be disappointed!

So, Bedlam - the graph, as you say is not good looking at it purely from a number perspective (bear with me here) however - it could actually be positive for the secondary market.

The sales for #1 included all the variants (as did later issues, of course) but to me, it's just looking as if it's the variant sales that have contributed to the drop.

To make it clearer - say 9,000 issues were the 'virus', Forbidden Planet, Chuck's etc etc and collectors, after the debacle of #1, decided to just follow the 'genuine' Image release from #2 onwards.

Subtract 8,000 from #1

2,000 from #2

500 from #3 etc etc, and although there is a fall, it's nowhere near as dramatic as it seems.

I hope this makes sense.

In a nutshell - people have rejected the variant and are only buying one copy - the genuine Image one.

The core readership seems to be somewhere between 8,500 - 10,000 which would put this book in the top 75 easily.

I would hope the TPB and second arc will pull in more readers.

I do take a previous posters point about child-killing in Issue #1 being a bit much - but it was neccesary just to show how evil Madder Red really was.

Thoughts?

Give people a little credit. I understood both the graph CBT and the government spending graphs that you pointed out. Both point to trends and/or anomalies. The two graphs on government spending both show massive increases in two different ways. The graph he put up for me showed exactly what I was looking for in trends. He also posted complete numerical data below the graph to make the data precise.

I appreciate the information regardless of a particular presentation.

Forgive me if I'm defensive, but someone posted sales numbers

with completely skewed graphs a couple of months ago trying to prove

a point which was NOT present in the data.

When it was pointed out how poorly the graphs represented the data,

That particular Charty McThrowinpoop (not CBT) had a fit and took his crappy graphs and left.

Bad graphs are bad graphs.

Being able to OVERCOME bad graphs is a good skill to have (way to go, Auth).

But it's not a skill that should be required of the audience.

Fix it once, then the next 100 people who see it don't have to fix it for themselves.

If the data was so great as a table, why bother with a graph at all?

If you're going to bother... don't half-a$s it.

I don't know how they calculate the numbers. If all of the variants are included in number 1, you are most likely correct. I really hope that is the case.

This story is different from most I've read and while I agree it is over the top, I don't think its any more violent than say the Joker killing Robin or crippling Barbara Gordon or Anakin Skywalker killing all of the children in training in Star Wars. These are irredemable, horrible characters. I definitely could have done without the violence against children. I also understand how effective it is in making Madder Red the epitome of evil.

It reminds me of something I've heard since I was a kid, "The hero is only as good as the criminal is bad ".

So I take from this thread that CBT is as credible as Fox News, I got it, carry on. :baiting:

Yeah, what do I know?

I just compile 100,000,000 data points from the CGC census for 10+ years and provide it for free at CGCdata.com

I haven't thought about this stuff at all. :baiting: