• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April sales are out

354 posts in this topic

@Fastball Re:Bedlam

well, I am going to risk stepping on some toes here, sorry if this pisses anyone off...but, seeing as how I already assembled the info, might as well post it.[Chart deleted because it just showed up as code in the quote.]

This is interesting, thanks for putting that together. It would also be enlightening to see similar charts for some of the longer running books like TOT, Saga, and MP to see if they have grown, levelled off, are dropping, etc.

well, I am going to risk stepping on some toes here, sorry if this pisses anyone off...but, seeing as how I already assembled the info, might as well post it.

bedlamtank.png

You really need to label your y-axis. It looks like Bedlam is almost zero, when actually, it's still more than half of #1.

Force zero as the minimum y value and it will solve the problem.

Cheers - back to work.....

What no flame war? I popped all this corn for nothing... :sorry:

Andy and I get along just fine :), we are both just guys with strong opinions, who like to say what we think. Even if we dont agree, it's all good.

I don't care if you guys are intimate lovers, this is what I want to see!

well, I am going to risk stepping on some toes here, sorry if this pisses anyone off...but, seeing as how I already assembled the info, might as well post it.

bedlamtank.png

You really need to label your y-axis. It looks like Bedlam is almost zero, when actually, it's still more than half of #1.

Proofiness!

But yes, #'s on the y would help.

Actually, its a self adjusting graph, it will always scale the data to leave 10% from the axis, and 10% from the top, using all the space for the data. Otherwise, you end up with all the graphs as virtual straight lines at the top, with no visible demarcation for change. (or you'd have to go logarithmic)

What you actually mean, is label the range that it covers, but i dont need to because i showed the chart below of the data points. If I was to label it more, it would be showing percent change as labels on the lines themselves, which is far more interesting.

But it was just something quick to show the info....

This is interesting, thanks for putting that together. It would also be enlightening to see similar charts for some of the longer running books like TOT, Saga, and MP to see if they have grown, levelled off, are dropping, etc.

Pick the one you want to see most and I will post it for you. I am at work so I can only do so much to pump it out quick.

ok, I just added the three you asked for, now it does start to become a little confusing, as the charts each have a different scale. Remember that what is being graphed is the change in print run over time. The graph scale of each is relative to it's print run. The graph's Y-Axis runs from the lowest data point, to the highest data point, and is scaled accordingly.

If this is not done, you get the effect of all data trending towards a straight line (compression), and the bigger the print run, the "higher" up the line will be on the graph. This is set up to make the change visible, and the graphs self referential....

ImageGraphs.jpg

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Thief of Thieves 1 17880
Thief of Thieves 2 14290
Thief of Thieves 3 13640
Thief Of Thieves 4 17770
Thief of Thieves 5 19830
Thief Of Thieves 6 19730
Thief of Thieves 7 18270
Thief of Thieves 8 17070
Thief of Thieves 9 16650
Thief of Thieves 10 16420
Thief of Thieves 11 15610
Thief of Thieves 12 14970
Thief of Thieves 13 15200

Saga 1 37640
Saga 2 36890
Saga 3 38900
Saga 4 41140
Saga 5 40560
Saga 6 40580
Saga 7 46970
Saga 8 42320
Saga 9 45630
Saga 10 48390
Saga 11 50020
Saga 12 53340

Manhattan Projects 1 17960
Manhattan Projects 2 15700
Manhattan Projects 3 18000
Manhattan Projects 4 18540
Manhattan Projects 5 18400
Manhattan Projects 6 17980
Manhattan Projects 7 17540
Manhattan Projects 8 17030
Manhattan Projects 9 17230
Manhattan Projects 10 17030
Manhattan Projects 11 17520

Bedlam 1 22740
Bedlam 2 18580
Bedlam 3 14250
Bedlam 4 13910
Bedlam 5 13700
Bedlam 6 12610

So Image, Dark Horse and Valiant were the only folks who sold books in April?

lol , well we did link to the full chart, tell me what you want pulled, comic names, months and years.

I'll chart which ever you want to see :foryou:

You're too kind!

Very enlightening, thanks!

At the very least, in terms of relative numbers, Bedlam is certainly blazing a different trail than we have seen on those other titles.

no prob, you're welcome. I added the data points as well now, edited in with the graphs, enjoy.

It's interesting to see that the $1 reprint of Mind MGMT #1 sold 9,926 copies while issue 10 only sold 5,842. I would think if people liked the first issue you will start to see an increase in sales for the subsequent issues and higher demand for the earlier non #1 issues.

Some fans of the book bought multiple copies of the reprint to hand out to friends :whistle:

m1703.gif

Helheim is a pretty nice number.

East of west is too high I think.

PP kinda set the bar with 4700. Sleeper.

from here on out the higher the better for EoW.

+1, ie saga graph.

Hey CBT:

Where's the chart that show the correlation between the ability to use line charts and coolness?

lol...thats funnier than watching the Warrior's choke this morning.

Hey CBT:

Where's the chart that show the correlation between the ability to use line charts and coolness?

Professor-Frink-Attempts-Tic-Tac.gif

asymptotically approaching negative infinity...