• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will come after Modern?

56 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone has already started a thread about this already, but my question goes as followed: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern, _______?

Will Modern always remain Modern? In about 20-30 years will their be a "Tin Age" or a "Iron Age" :bump:

Interested in what it will be like when I'm finally old and too decrepit to read this :cry:

Yah I don't think anything will come after modern. But what we commonly currently refer to modern, might be named something else.

Seemingly some other type of metal, my fingers are crossed for platinum or nickel.

The Electro-Plastic Era:

The age when anything valuable is encased in plastic, and everything else is read on a screen.

lol so true. I'm almost inclined to stop getting many moderns slabbed as a means of preserving how populations of modern day comics are going straight to a case instead of being read (even though we can technically read it online)

The future looks like cases will be part of a kids collection. :sick:

Yah I don't think anything will come after modern. But what we commonly currently refer to modern, might be named something else.

Seemingly some other type of metal, my fingers are crossed for platinum or nickel.

Gold chromioum foil age :wishluck:

I don't know if anyone has already started a thread about this already, but my question goes as followed: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern, _______?

Digital age.

In its infancy right now.

[font:Book Antiqua]Agree Digital Age its the right term...[/font]

(thumbs u

Digital age.

[font:Book Antiqua]Agree Digital Age its the right term...[/font]

(thumbs u

...and not just from Distribution either. How comics are being created, practically every phase,...increasingly all digital.

Digital age.

Yep. Comics won't be in print much longer. Nothing will be.

Yep. Comics won't be in print much longer. Nothing will be.

Can you imagine?!? Where will the value go when it becomes strictly digital? They'll have to keep some in production, or at least a limited production ;)

The comic industry will lose value if they go strictly digital because the amount they charge for an actual cover will be significantly less digitally. I think print will continue to stay. It'll be a sad day if they ever stop printing :sorry: