• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 - # 600 My run is done!

112 posts in this topic

Congratulations !!! I'm sure you must of had a lot of fun and enjoyment over the years hunting down each book you needed for your collection. There's no better feeling as collector then when you add a book to your collection and get closer to completing it. (thumbs u

Such a great run. Classic books. Stan Lee spinning yarns with pictures by the King Kirby.... No one drew comics like he did. I was explaining to my seven year old son about who Kirby was. I showed him these books and explained that he drew the strongest punches, biggest crashes, heaviest kicks and the most dynamite explosions. He also knew a few things about pathos and conveying strength even in drawing a character just standing still.... Alright, Kirby praise fest over. Congrats on putting together a classic run!

I have also upgraded about 20 issues under #100 to CGC - 9.0 or better so far. I will be having an under copy sale when I have the time. I'd like to try and upgrade most of the lower run if possible.

Congrats! I'll have to watch out for that sale, I'm missing 6 issues myself, and "under copy" is where I live.

:banana:

Just put the final books away to complete this run with the March 2015 issue. I have them all ( #1 - #642 ) up to current, minus all the B.S. variants.

I do need some of the Annuals though, so that's next. Mr. Bedrock helped me with a bunch of the later numbers and Lone Star Comics filled in a few of the other holes.

This book has been rebooted and renumbered so many times I lost count, but with the newest issue I picked up yesterday, its back to the original numbering with #642.

My comic shop guy tells me there's another Secret Wars series coming later in the year, and all of the titles are going to start again. doh!

I know they say F.F. is being canceled soon, but when will another #1 hit the stands. I'm numb.

fantastic%20four%201%20complete%20series%20001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13002.jpg

Very cool run - congrats :applause:

It was tough collecting FF as a kid, I started buying them when they first went to 20 cents but the stories were always continued and you know how kids are with their allowance so I usually bought other comics so I could have a complete story within one issue , afterwards I read the entire 1-102 run with Marvels greatest comics and other reprints and always loved the Lee/Kirby FF run !! some of and maybe THE best comic book stories in history,

I still use one of Mr Fantastics sayings to this day ,....whenever someone is telling about the odds of a game or this or that happening I always mention that there is one other piece of input ... the X factor ...the unknown ( an early issue foe forgot about the X factor against the FF, can't remember who)

And the finale from C2E2 this year. I was actually in the market more for something in the 3.0 range but all of the books I inspected at the con just did not appeal to me.

I saw one of the worst 3.0's with a mutilated spine and tape that should have been lucky to get a 2.0 but what do I know.

I stopped by Metro's booth to see what they had. Two 4.5's. One raw, and one slabbed. For the price dif between the 3.0's I saw at the con and the slabbed 4.5, I figured it was time to break open the wallet.

I talked for some time with Vinny about the book and finally convinced myself, this was it. Next thing I knew I was packing it in my case. Whew, what a relief. doh!

20130426_135648.jpg

what do the notes read? is there tape on the book?

Very nice – felicitations, Doc! (thumbs u

I would not have the courage to keep most of the recent issues aligned with the rest, but in the end I am not SO far from completing #1-535 myself… :D

I just received (as a gift) the Mark Millar arc (I stopped by choice right before Civil War with #535), I have to choose which ones I want for documentation from the recent ones, and then the tough bone will be #1.

:banana:

Just put the final books away to complete this run with the March 2015 issue. I have them all ( #1 - #642 ) up to current, minus all the B.S. variants.

I do need some of the Annuals though, so that's next. Mr. Bedrock helped me with a bunch of the later numbers and Lone Star Comics filled in a few of the other holes.

This book has been rebooted and renumbered so many times I lost count, but with the newest issue I picked up yesterday, its back to the original numbering with #642.

My comic shop guy tells me there's another Secret Wars series coming later in the year, and all of the titles are going to start again. doh!

I know they say F.F. is being canceled soon, but when will another #1 hit the stands. I'm numb.

fantastic%20four%201%20complete%20series%20001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13002.jpg

Awesome collection!

Thanks for sharing Tim.