• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woo-hoo! 4th Grail obtained!

32 posts in this topic

Slowly building my "grail collection" (a temporary departure from my filling my "completist" runs)!

- X-Men #1, check.

- Avengers #1, check.

- Avengers #4, check.

And now...JIM #83, CHECK! Super excited, gotta say!

Congratulations on the acquisitions.

For the sake of meaningless argument, can a collector have so many grails? I thought the point of calling it a "grail" was to signify something that seems permanently out of reach due to cost or scarcity, and in some cases, something which may not exist at all, i.e. Action 1 in 9.8.

He did not have that many "grails", it’s just that after X-Men #1 his grail became Avengers #1, and so on, right?

Um… hm

P.S. On my part, my "grail" would be (for the cost) a Captain America Comics #1 or a FF #1, so way out of my reach (and especially my budget) that I’m safe.

Other "grails" have been truly scarce or rare GA books. Now I have some, including a very low grade National Comics #18 (would love to find it in nicer shape). :cloud9:

What grades? Post pics! :applause:

As to the question...

I believe a grail is that ONE book you treasure the most. The ONE book that you dreamed of owning and was coveted but you finally attained it. That's a grail.

Mine is TOS 39....No wait...FF1...No wait...JIM 83....No wait IM 1...

Ah screw it...yes we can own many grails! :headbang:

As to the question...

I believe a grail is that ONE book you treasure the most. The ONE book that you dreamed of owning and was coveted but you finally attained it. That's a grail.

Haha, love it! You summed up my sentiments exactly!

All low-grade, CGC 3.0 (except for Avengers #4, 4.0)

Mine was TOS 39 and I got that years ago . Then it was AF 15 and Then it become a copy of Venom 1 Black error . Then got a copy of that , then it was Star Wars 1 35 cent variant . Got that and now it is FF1 . But if someone asked what my grail was , it was TOS 39

Mine was TOS 39 and I got that years ago . Then it was AF 15 and Then it become a copy of Venom 1 Black error . Then got a copy of that , then it was Star Wars 1 35 cent variant . Got that and now it is FF1 . But if someone asked what my grail was , it was TOS 39

Impressive!

As to the question...

So in the vernacular of these boards, is a "grail" whatever comic you're saving up for next?

So in the vernacular of these boards, is a "grail" whatever comic you're saving up for next?

Apparently. But so it has happened in "sentimental" religiosity, you know.

Go check "The Davinci Code" and see "Grail" is treated in the same way… ;)