• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moral dilemma…should I say something?

What would you do?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

189 posts in this topic

I understand why you're upset. I'd be mad if I were just proven to be a hypocrite too.

Gee, coming from such a master of illogic and self-styled insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I guess I should be insulted. Just keep on ripping off the old ladies, then post gibberish to make yourself feel good.

My point is to DO SOMETHING TO ATTEMPT RESTITUTION. No mathematical formulas, just do something right for a change.

You people sicken me.

Tell me what the level is where I have to attempt restitution. What is an acceptable profit margin for you before I have to attempt restitution? Get off your high horse. I agreed with you on Chuck.

Chuck was unethical by paying her such a low price and then never paying her more. He scammed her, plain and simple. He should be ashamed of himself! (and yes, I'm serious).

What's a person with ethics doing in the place like this?

I hear if you don't rip off your weekly quota of old ladies, your membership is revoked.

My point is to DO SOMETHING TO ATTEMPT RESTITUTION. No mathematical formulas, just do something right for a change.

Who needs a mathematical formula? As I've said a couple times now, you could just HELP HER SELL THE BOOKS. Maybe she would give you a nice shiny nickel for your troubles; and maybe, just maybe you wouldn't hate yourself so much when you woke up the next morning. That's a pretty simple mathematical formula, by the way: let her have 100%, you get 0. I realize this is taxing your great benevolent nature, but hey, CI, let the sun shine in.

You're still the one looking to profit off her, Hypocrite. You can say whatever you like about me, that's your opinion... but you've proved yourself to be a hypocrite.

Sickening. blush.gif

Donut, it's a real personal call. I've bought books that contained a key issue or two (that I found later) and I basically sold off a few of the unkown keys and paid that back.

I'm not saying that you cannot make a profit, but only that if the profit in the magnaitude of $2K in/millions out, that you'd have to be a pretty cold guy not to pay some of that back.

Just do the right thing. If you got an insane 100,000,000% return, then recognize that the seller might deserve a few bucks in restitution. Otherwise, home break-ins are the next step up.

First off, I've got ethics....and really don't care whether you think so...

Rozanski took a collection off the hands of a family that obviously wanted to get rid of it quickly. They didn't want to barter, they didn't want to wait, they wanted the comics gone and Chuck was the person to do it. Instead of throwing the whole lot out, they made a couple grand off of the deal (which wasn't chump change in '77). It doesn't make any difference whether he bought a treasure trove or a bunch of junk. The family got what they wanted and everyone left the deal happy. If you come back later and don't agree...well too bad that's business.

Jim

First off, I've got ethics....and really don't care whether you think so...

Keep saying that and someday you might actually believe it.

If you come back later and don't agree...well too bad that's business.

Now you should get back to cold-calling grannies for their retirement money, or mailing out "you won $1,000,000" notices to senile old fogies. If they come back later and don't agree.... that's just business.

Man....you've grown bitter Vince......

Keep saying that and someday you might actually believe it.

Glad to know you're the paragon of ethics to be able to judge others.

Now you should get back to cold-calling grannies for their retirement money, or mailing out "you won $1,000,000" notices to senile old fogies. If they come back later and don't agree.... that's just business.

An analogy that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Rozanski didn't scam anyone and you can't provide proof otherwise. Unless you can provide something other than putdowns and a "holier than thou" elitist attitude.

Jim

Hey Khaos, you're the one standing up for Chuck and sharing his morals, so keep on scamming the grannies and making your crack money.

Oh yeah, and blow me.

ROTFLMFAO!!! CI, you are freaking hilarious! Welcome back!

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Hey, it's been fun guys, but hanging out in here with you dirtballs has me ready for a shower.

I hope the cold-calling works out for you guys, as there's a lot of elderly folks just looking to get bilked of their savings. Why not knock on doors and ask how much they want to sell their houses and cars for? You might get lucky and find some with alzheimersor or need a little cash for that "special gift" for their grand-daughters..

Big Score!! Now you're rolling in the dough, and if they don't like the deal later, kick their sorry asses out on the street. Hell, you'll likely get social security checks delivered there for months after, so hit the local Money Mart and cash them in too. Any relatives or friends come by, rob them and blame it on the neighborhood kids.

Ain't making money the comic dealer way fun?

Like I said before, just keep a bottle of sunscreen under the pillow, and don't fear the reaper.

Hey Khaos, you're the one standing up for Chuck and sharing his morals, so keep on scamming the grannies and making your crack money.

CI, you know I'm right. You're a hypocrite. Just help the old lady sell her books. Hey, maybe YOU could buy them for exactly what she would sell them for!! There's an idea! What? You don't like the idea of not making an enormous profit on your flip? Again, how much is a "fair" price for her since she's not going to ACTUALIZE the REAL price for her books that you just stole... er, bought from her?

I still say you should just help her sell the books and pray that she decides to help your sorry, saggy butt out with a little compensation for your troubles. But hey, that's just me (literally), apparently.

Oh yeah, and blow me.

Sad. Sickening, even.

Big Score!! Now you're rolling in the dough, and if they don't like the deal later, kick their sorry asses out on the street. Hell, you'll likely get social security checks delivered there for months after, so hit the local Money Mart and cash them in too. Any relatives or friends come by, rob them and blame it on the neighborhood kids.

You're an extremist...can't see the middle ground...either all of nothing with you. God forbid you talk about the facts and not resort to outragous analogies.

You remind me of a couple of girls I once dated....

Jim

I tell you, there's no better way to blow off steam than to hammer on some morally-deficient reprobates who believe "conscience" is the art of staying awake.

No, CI, you've showed us all that "conscience" means worrying about breathing because you're stealing air from some poor soul on the other side of the globe.

I thought you were leaving?

As long as you're (STILL) here, why weren't you going to help the old lady sell her comics?? You're a bad dealer! Bad!