• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Signature Series books shunned almost as much as PLOD books?

235 posts in this topic

no matter the book. if you want to sell it you can sell any ss book for more then you can sell the same book blue label.

it doesnt matter if it is a golden age,silver age or a book you just bought new off the rack at your lcs. if you get it signed it is worth more then it would be if it wasnt signed.

sign it right on the cover in whatever color ink you have to use to get it to stand out the most. they are absolutely gorgeous.

myself i have only had about ten peds cracked out and signed but any i can get my hands on will be signed with a creator or the cover artist.

I know I'm a strange bird, so please understand when I tell you that this isn't the case with me. I'd actually pay more for a universal book if only two graded copies existed of the same issue - one signed and one unmolested.

i really dont like the cgc SS books.

something about that thick black marker pen on the FC

id rather CGC get the artist /writer to sign the slab , not the book

ppl's thoughts?

Not this Shiat again

It seems like comics are the only books where an authentic signature causes an argument as to whether or not the book is "better." Any other type of book with an authentic signature, even rare books by classic authors, increase in value and desirability.

It seems like comics are the only books where an authentic signature causes an argument as to whether or not the book is "better." Any other type of book with an authentic signature, even rare books by classic authors, increase in value and desirability.

Thank Stan Lee and his "spider" for that...

:lol: :roflmao::jokealert:

-slym

i really dont like the cgc SS books.

something about that thick black marker pen on the FC

id rather CGC get the artist /writer to sign the slab , not the book

ppl's thoughts?

Not this Shiat again

[font:Book Antiqua]Oh Yeah, the people are bored tonight...[/font]

:whatev:

I've really come around to liking the SS a lot.

When I first started learning about things around here and about CGC and their services, I thought the SS thing was a gimmick.

But there really is something to be said about someone's actual handwriting on a book they had a part in creating.

A lot of 'legends' are passing away but being able to see their imprint on a piece of their history is wonderful in my opinion.

I love Jerry Robinson's work AND his signature. I have one book that was signed by him that was done before I knew about the CGC SS.

Regardless, it's in a mylar and I like looking at it from time to time.

You can still see Joe Simon's SS around... Carmine Infantino... Joe Kubert.

Soon there'll be more leaving us but having an 'autograph' on a book is a nice way to remember the creator. :)

tec359-1_zps60e5f2dc.jpg

For me, signatures turn an already beloved book into an amazing book. Especially if the sig is done tastefully like on this issue. I'd pay more for the sig label than the universal every time.

SAM_3760.jpg

I like SS, but I just hate how it instantly discounts books signed before CGC came around. I also have a few books with sigs or sketches that were unwittnessed, and i know it's mental, but the idea of a Green label at the top DRIVES ME MAD.

I like SS, but I just hate how it instantly discounts books signed before CGC came around. I also have a few books with sigs or sketches that were unwittnessed, and i know it's mental, but the idea of a Green label at the top DRIVES ME MAD.

As long as I know I got them signed in person, It does not bother me bc I had the experience I can say exactly when it was signed and pass that history down regardless of a label.

I think a lot of resentment comes from the fact that only witnesses can get a yellow label. All those TMNT and older Kirby sigs and everything are "less" than sigs that can be verified by a cgc witness.

Older non-graphic novels can be signed an increase value... But green labels are GLODs.

Does CGC slab Marvel Graphic Novels? And do they have Qualified labels for them? I have my "X-men: God Loves, Man Kills" GN signed by Chris Claremont on the inside front page.

I'd rather see it in Blue at a lower grade than in a GLOD.

(not that it is worth grading, really, just hypothetical)

-slym

Does CGC slab Marvel Graphic Novels? And do they have Qualified labels for them? I have my "X-men: God Loves, Man Kills" GN signed by Chris Claremont on the inside front page.

I'd rather see it in Blue at a lower grade than in a GLOD.

(not that it is worth grading, really, just hypothetical)

-slym

Yes, and yes. Your book would get a blue label with the interior sig.

Thank Stan Lee and his "spider" for that...

:lol: :roflmao::jokealert:

-slym

you think you're joking, but you might not be?

I suppose there is a level of significance to the rarity of the signature itself (why Isaac newton's is more expensive than Justin Bieber, even though a much larger percentage of the world knows who J.B. is)

Stan is a great man, a living legend and responsible for much of the great hobby comics has become..............but how rare is his signature, really?