• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay grab bags????

70 posts in this topic

Back to the subject at hand, it's a shame there are so many shady people out there, because for anyone who loves to gamble (and loves funny books), this is a great idea.

When I was 13, I made a cardboard box and custom decorated it to look like the (new at the time) O-pee-chee premier hockey cards from 1991. I then took one full set of the cards (120 cards or something), put each one in a top loader (hard case for cards) and put them in this custom designed box.

The box had a hole in it, big enough for an arm to reach in.

I charged $2/pull. Anyone who said I was a cheater could look in the box and see what was left.

There were so many great rookies in that set that even if the Jagr was gone or the Federov was gone, nobody really cared, so until about half the set was gone, I had a line up of customers .... every day.

I was buying the sets for $100 (now they're worth $20 maybe ??? ) and did this for maybe 10 sets worth (or 1,200-1,500 pulls). People had so much fun.

I actually hate these so called "grab bag" auctions. Ive seen valuable books being offered in the grab bags, and no one in the right mind would get rid of them for $10 to $20. It's actually quite insulting to the comic book consumers on ebay. rantrant

I actually hate these so called "grab bag" auctions. Ive seen valuable books being offered in the grab bags, and no one in the right mind would get rid of them for $10 to $20. It's actually quite insulting to the comic book consumers on ebay. rantrant

Sometimes when I do a search and one pops up in my results, I hump the Ebay button and turn them in for "chance listings". I have no idea why people buy these things.

I nail every pinhead seller that rips the public off. I have won MANY of these "grab bags" and only ONCE did I ever get equal value for the coin spent.

Most of these sellers have me blocked where I can't bid them anymore but when I have time I list them here to help other collectors out.

Now my adversaries emailed them on occasions to cause me minor grief, but that's a small price to pay to save ONE fellow collector.

I nail every pinhead seller that rips the public off. I have won MANY of these "grab bags" and only ONCE did I ever get equal value for the coin spent.

Most of these sellers have me blocked where I can't bid them anymore but when I have time I list them here to help other collectors out.

Now my adversaries emailed them on occasions to cause me minor grief, but that's a small price to pay to save ONE fellow collector.

Most people realize its a scam after buying a FEW, but CAL soldiers on, buying MANY of them just to prove its a scam.

Bravo.

Reminds me of the guy who hated a show so much that he bought two tickets and didn't go.

Most people realize its a scam after buying a FEW, but CAL soldiers on, buying MANY of them just to prove its a scam.

Bravo.

Reminds me of the guy who hated a show so much that he bought two tickets and didn't go.

Now that is rich!

Bravo.

Someone PMed me and told me that you posted a "Truce" or something related to such. After reading your response to my post regarding this OP, my doubts are reconfirmed. What I am doubting is your sincerity and even integrity regarding being a Seller/Dealer, which you actually are.

After a brief search, I see you sell "grab bag boxes" and have moved most, if not all of them. In your sales, you are at least honest enough to tell prospective buyers that they will NOT get an AF 15 VG/F 5.0.

It is the deceptive practices that these eBay "grab-bag" Sellers use to entice Buyers to waste their coin is what I am adamantly against. I will ALWAYS remain against such seamsters with said false ad methods.

I don't have time on my hands to chase any of these pinheads for now, but trust me, I WILL be doing such again in the future. The ones who have me blocked? I have a large world circle of friends and associates that I can contact and yes, I HAVE done some of that already.

CAL :sumo:

OT. Hulk Smash.. I can't stop watching that sig line of yours. Sorry, but I can't stop laughing. Watching Mr. Clean meet his maker. Priceless.

Another thread hijacked by the boat crash sig! lol

Someone posted a link to a news story about this accident in another thread. I can't remember which one.

You'll just have to read them all.

This Thread is worthy of a bump.

When I get the time, which I will have in a week, I will waste a few coins to put these comic book "grab bag" Sellers in their place...

post -script: If the eBay auction title says "ASM 50, hulk 181, Silver Surfer 1...grab bag" for $15.00 and they send me 1996 Image drek they get the negative feedback. If they send me a low grade SS 1, or low grade ASM 71, they get a positive.

I have plundered around 25 or so of these "grab bags", btw, are against eBay policies. "Chance" or lottery style auctions are not permitted.

Only ONCE did I receive equal value for the coin I spent. Many of these "grab-bag" Sellers have threatened me and a few of them are right here on this very Forum. That's right...a few are right here and they blast me every chance they get.

If the public would just stop buying thee grab-bag auctions, this form of deception would soon dry up.

C'mon public, get some smarts and stop encouraging these pinheads!

When I get the time, which I will have in a week, I will waste a few coins to put these comic book "grab bag" Sellers in their place...

post -script: If the eBay auction title says "ASM 50, hulk 181, Silver Surfer 1...grab bag" for $15.00 and they send me 1996 Image drek they get the negative feedback. If they send me a low grade SS 1, or low grade ASM 71, they get a positive.

I have plundered around 25 or so of these "grab bags", btw, are against eBay policies. "Chance" or lottery style auctions are not permitted.

Only ONCE did I receive equal value for the coin I spent. Many of these "grab-bag" Sellers have threatened me and a few of them are right here on this very Forum. That's right...a few are right here and they blast me every chance they get.

If the public would just stop buying thee grab-bag auctions, this form of deception would soon dry up.

don't mean to antagonize, but did you just say

"I will buy a few ebay grab bags this week.

EBay grab bags are against the rules.

I have bought 25 ebay grab bags, they weren't worth it.

The public should stop buying ebay grab bags."

?

don't mean to antagonize, but did you just say

"I will buy a few ebay grab bags this week.

EBay grab bags are against the rules.

I have bought 25 ebay grab bags, they weren't worth it.

The public should stop buying ebay grab bags."

?

hm

lol

I am pretty sure someone here had the idea to buy one of the grab bags that have a "chance" at a grail book. Then, post feedback saying I won the book no need for anyone else to buy any more grab bags.

just thought it would be interesting to bring up and not too much harm done as i only spent $20. if they are , i know my 6 yr old will appreciate them.

I don't understand this logic. If you're buying krap then go to a flea market and buy a pile of beat up comics to give to your 6 year old for $5. Not $20. :screwy:

It seems contradictory to which I see and know; I don't mind spending some change to slam some negatives on these guys. But I know not everyone can do that, but I do it anyway.

I did look a few days ago and could not find one to "buy", but when I get the time, which will be a few down days next week, I will look and do what I am good at doing.

I am not doing this to stir up WW 3, I want eBay to do THEIR job and stop the Sellers who list these Grab Bag auctions. I used to turn them in via auction number, and eBay did NOTHING. They need the fees so bad they are allowing scamsters to break their OWN policies!

That is what really boils my blood. But I need eBay like everyone else here, so we have to take some of the evil with the good( or so I think we do; what other choice do we have?).

I am in the hopes that I can convince the unwary and hopeful of some coin and time.

CAL :hi: