• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

Full Raw Archie collection sold tonight on ebay.

Archie 1 is 1.5-1.8 went for $12,100 (great price, the winner must be ecstatic)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Archie-Comics-1-1942-MLJ-Golden-Age-Classic-sku-81051-/371597516888?hash=item5684f02058:g:BZAAAOSwy5ZXCxn0&autorefresh=true

Archie 2 in about 3.0 went for $2650

Archie 3 in about 2.5 went for $860

Archie 4 in about 1.8 went for $555

Archie 5 in about 3.5 went for $761

Archie 6 in about 3.0 went for $482

Archie 7 in about 3.0 went for $482

Archie 8 in about 2.0 (I love this cover) went for $561

Archie 9 in about 2.0 went for $456

Archie 10 in about 5.0 went for $483

Archie 11 in about 2.0 went for $180

Archie 12 in about 5.0 went for $322

Archie 13 in about 1.0 went for $180

Archie 14 in about 4.0 went for $153

Archie 15 in about 3.0 went for $104

Archie 16 in about 6.0 went for $225 (I won this one... I hope it grades out as a 7.0)

Archie 17 in about 5.0 went for $210

Archie 18 in about 1.0 went for $53

Archie 19 in about 3.5 went for $99

Archie 20 in about 4.0 went for $94

and Archie 50 in about 1.5 went for $208

These were SO much fun to watch finish. I bid on almost all of them, but the only one I won was Archie 16. I was the under bidder on a handful. I would have bid on #1 but I just didn't have the resources right now. I think #1 went low.

I lowballed nearly everything, bidding what I thought was no more than 50-60% of FMV. I actually won the #31, and barely lost out on a couple more.

Late to the party as usual ... been moving into our new home and I am spoon-ing exhausted! I was watching these end the other night and did consider throwing in a last minute bid on the A1, but I thought, "Andrew, you already have 2, who needs 3?"

Todd ... :baiting: haha

Anyway, while I agree the A1 went a little low (and I think that was due to the lack of detail and images in the auction), I actually thought the other prices were a bit soft. The A2 was ok, but the rest just seemed a little light for me.

Am I the only one?

The images were very small and in some cases pretty bad due to shadows. I think they lost out by not providing larger and clearer scans or photos of the books.

not very...

So basically only #1 to #10 are scarce? Or not even that. When you say not very rare how many exist of say #20 to #30 (I know you can't be 100% accurate but a estimate)? Is it just me or ebay prices on these are way way higher than say ComicLink.

Edited by Hulk1962

1 through 13 seem to show up less often than later issues. The single staple books (1-9 IIRC) are difficult to find with attached covers.I would consider them fairly scarce, especially above 4.0.

Once you get past 20, Archie was a very popular title and the print runs were high. These are very common in low grade, but still scarce in higher grade (6.0 up). I would guess these exist in the thousands, but don't really know.

Nice Keith! Congrats. Was wondering who grabbed those!

I picked up another copy of 8 the other day too. Not the best shape but I just love that cover.

B46BEA6B-CB88-4C1C-923A-A77C57CE6500_zpse1qtos8i.jpeg

Thanks Andrew. This two books look even better in person. I was really lucky to get these as #3 has been so hard to find.

I just picked these two up. I couldn't be more excited.

89cfbdc0-6d32-4be0-92eb-1651a287749c_zpsxy0q7mo7.jpg

e1b46d1f-8d46-441d-b8c9-3e269fa24017_zps56vstwtk.jpg

Nice to see who got them. I had a verbal deal on those two but the seller then said he got a better offer so I said go ahead and take it. Good to know they went to an Archie fan.

A voldy restored Archie 1 3.5 Slight/Moderate sold recently on ebay for $15,477.

There were some piece's added to cover and interior, color touch, staples cleaned, a page was trimmed, and a moderate amount of tape to cover and interior.

That seems like a pretty strong price for that much resto.

But maybe A1 is heating up again? Will the Riverdale show affect prices on this?

A voldy restored Archie 1 3.5 Slight/Moderate sold recently on ebay for $15,477.

There were some piece's added to cover and interior, color touch, staples cleaned, a page was trimmed, and a moderate amount of tape to cover and interior.

That seems like a pretty strong price for that much resto.

But maybe A1 is heating up again? Will the Riverdale show affect prices on this?

I think so. A 1.8 blue sold at auction at comicconect in april 2016 for 25,500$

The CW Archie series That starts will certainly garner more following and interest for this Archie 1

presents alot higher since the cover is detached would have gotten a 5.0 with cover attached.

Im thinking 35k to 40k for this cgc blue 3.0 blue label

wouldnt be surprised that it goes 45k.

super rare book and iconic. 75th anniversary also

anything under 25k is a major steal. 30k a bargain

Hey crew,

I'm asking this here because I figure such a club includes lots of GA Archie expert enthusiasts....I totally get and love the Archie 50 cover; but I feel like #'s 41 and 44 are completely overshadowed but probably the #2 & 3 headlights covers among the first 50. Am I crazy, or are you club members quietly hoarding them on the cheap???? Fess up!