• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay: Bad Buyer Suspensions Are Up 900 Percent

35 posts in this topic

eBay told sellers it has increased buyer account suspensions by 900% over the past 6 months and has increased buyer restrictions by 450%. The marketplace credited sellers using the "Report a Buyer" feature for the clampdown on bad buyers.

eBay sent the notice to sellers thanking them for their support in making eBay a safe and fair marketplace. "Reports from sellers like you, together with our policies, detection systems, and dedicated Seller Protection team, are working to help make eBay a great experience for everyone. Your reports make eBay safer. Since the launch of the enhanced Report a Buyer feature, we've had more reports submitted by sellers. And, in response, we've been able to take more actions to prevent abuse by buyers."

eBay also said it has protected the seller performance ratings of over 100,000 sellers over the past 6 months.

LINK (Read more.)

:applause:

If they wanted to make it a better marketplace, they wouldn't have raised their FVF by 150% over the last month.

What's the FVF now? I haven't sold in about 4 months. I used to pay 10%, it's now 15%? Man, that's like pawn shop prices.

Update: I am a standard seller (no subscription) and I pay 10%. No increase, and I still get 150 free listings per month. Whatever Ebay is doing, they're not doing it to me.

Wouldn't a 150% increase make it 25%?A 50% increase would make it 15%.

15 is 150% of 10. But the increase is only 50% from 10 to 15.

Here is hoping it is only 15. Which is still crazy.

No, it's 140.7% increase. I sold a $2k book through BIN on 4/11 and paid $83.9 in eBay fees. I sold a $1600 book about two weeks later and paid $162 in fees. Adjust the second sale to $2k to match the first and the fees would have been $202, +140.7% increase.

ebay_zps9f589419.jpg

That's hard to take, but to be fair, it is more consistent now to auction houses and the 10% they charge.

Of course, the 3% you pay to paypal that you don't pay to the auction houses, will start to drive this business to those venues. 2c

eBay told sellers it has increased buyer account suspensions by 900% over the past 6 months and has increased buyer restrictions by 450%.

Considering that it was nearly impossible to get buyers suspended/banned in the past, a 900% increase of almost nothing, is still just a little more than nothing. :P

eBay told sellers it has increased buyer account suspensions by 900% over the past 6 months and has increased buyer restrictions by 450%.

Considering that it was nearly impossible to get buyers suspended/banned in the past, a 900% increase of almost nothing, is still just a little more than nothing. :P

Maybe it went from 1 buyer to 9 buyers? lol

But I have read many buyers complaining (posting) about being banned/suspended from ebay over the last few months. And read many sellers' posts about them getting satisfaction from ebay when reporting bad buyers. Whether it's the banning of ALL the buyer's accounts. 90 day to one year suspensions, or even loss of BUYER Protection privileges. Even removal of negs and star dings to go along with the suspensions/bannings. In fact, the star dingers are the easiest accounts to investigate for ebay.

Like you say, it's a definite change from the past. The pendulum has started to swing in the other direction. It was overdue.

No, it's 140.7% increase. I sold a $2k book through BIN on 4/11 and paid $83.9 in eBay fees. I sold a $1600 book about two weeks later and paid $162 in fees. Adjust the second sale to $2k to match the first and the fees would have been $202, +140.7% increase.

ebay_zps9f589419.jpg

That's hard to take, but to be fair, it is more consistent now to auction houses and the 10% they charge.

Of course, the 3% you pay to paypal that you don't pay to the auction houses, will start to drive this business to those venues. 2c

I hear ya. The fees are ridiculous.

But, it keeps coming back to the same question..........

Is there somewhere else you could have gotten a buyer to pay you $2000 and $1600 for those comics?

Doubtful, or you would have sold them elsewhere.

With eBay, you have to take into account the fact that yes the fees are high, but there are more buyers willing to pay higher prices for your items.

A legitimate alternative to ebay would be nice. I'm losing hope that it will ever materialize.

ebay_zps9f589419.jpg

TWD 1 is going for over $2000 now? I knew it was close. Damn that book just keep on climbing...

Off Topic.... but the HulkSmash signature GIF of the people flying around in the boat has left me in tears I'm laughing so hard!

I saw it for the first time today and couldn't stop laughing.

I get something new out of it each time I watch it. The girl in the middle has her sunglasses fly off and hit the other girl's butt. The 4 people in the back end up in a pile with all their collective weight shoved onto the guy in the white t-shirt. To make matters worse, you can see his upper spine is slammed onto the corner of the seat. With all that weight pushing on his spine, you know he's in some serious pain. The girl in the yellow bikini gets hit right in the face with a wave of water lol , at the very end of the gif. She was holding on for dear life before that, but she ends up flying too.

Is there somewhere else you could have gotten a buyer to pay you $2000 and $1600 for those comics?

With eBay, you have to take into account the fact that yes the fees are high, but there are more buyers willing to pay higher prices for your items.

A legitimate alternative to ebay would be nice. I'm losing hope that it will ever materialize.

listings and sales $1000+

hm

hm

stop selling pgx and ill buy there all the time

hm

Agree Conan, I need to start using you guys for my modern high-dollar books. I bet you'll start to see more coming your way.

ebay_zps9f589419.jpg

I hear ya. The fees are ridiculous.

The IH 181's would have sold for those prices on any of the auction houses. 2c

The WD #1, may have as well.

eBay is grasping for straws at their house crumbling without the nails to hold the walls up.

Those "nails" are the SELLERS that provide the PRODUCTS that the Buyers must buy to generate any FVF at all.

eBay is "waking up" to the FACT that they have lost over 20 MILLION USA Sellers during the last 5 years.

What hurts is that those Sellers WON'T RETURN! That is why eBay is using their propaganda machines to get people like the OP to believe that eBay is "changing" the way they are doing business.

The bottom line is that eBay is geared for the BUYER no matter what! You can't give any Buyer a negative no matter how bad or a total dirtbag scamster they may be! "It is eBay Policy that we don't allow our sacred, protected-species Buyers to be retaliated against!"

eBay made a serious mistake thinking that the Sellers would eventually return. Part of eBay's mistake is that there are MANY specialty sites for old games, cards, comic books( Comic Connect, Heritage, etc). and a lot of them are making it. Why would those spurned Sellers return to FeeBay???

eBay is scrambling and they send me stuff almost daily, via email. "We are improving this, improving that", yadda yadda yadda. Not ONE of those nuisance emails has ever related to any of the phone calls the Reps( phone gophers who must pass the hot potato when I call) have discussed any particular Issue with me.

eBay MUST fail, and they eventually will. So I gotta get my stuff sold way before that happens. And I will.

Just don't believe the crappolla they dish out.

CAL :facepalm:

Off Topic.... but the HulkSmash signature GIF of the people flying around in the boat has left me in tears I'm laughing so hard!

I saw it for the first time today and couldn't stop laughing.

I get something new out of it each time I watch it. The girl in the middle has her sunglasses fly off and hit the other girl's butt. The 4 people in the back end up in a pile with all their collective weight shoved onto the guy in the white t-shirt. To make matters worse, you can see his upper spine is slammed onto the corner of the seat. With all that weight pushing on his spine, you know he's in some serious pain. The girl in the yellow bikini gets hit right in the face with a wave of water lol , at the very end of the gif. She was holding on for dear life before that, but she ends up flying too.

:roflmao: I know I shouldn't be laughing as they looked pretty beat up, but i can't help it.