• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay: Bad Buyer Suspensions Are Up 900 Percent

35 posts in this topic

Off Topic.... but the HulkSmash signature GIF of the people flying around in the boat has left me in tears I'm laughing so hard!

I saw it for the first time today and couldn't stop laughing.

I get something new out of it each time I watch it. The girl in the middle has her sunglasses fly off and hit the other girl's butt. The 4 people in the back end up in a pile with all their collective weight shoved onto the guy in the white t-shirt. To make matters worse, you can see his upper spine is slammed onto the corner of the seat. With all that weight pushing on his spine, you know he's in some serious pain. The girl in the yellow bikini gets hit right in the face with a wave of water lol , at the very end of the gif. She was holding on for dear life before that, but she ends up flying too.

The driver does the best until it looks like someone shoots him. He flew over to the side like he was dead already!

Schadenfreuden :lol: !

-slym

eBay is grasping for straws at their house crumbling without the nails to hold the walls up.

Those "nails" are the SELLERS that provide the PRODUCTS that the Buyers must buy to generate any FVF at all.

eBay is "waking up" to the FACT that they have lost over 20 MILLION USA Sellers during the last 5 years.

What hurts is that those Sellers WON'T RETURN! That is why eBay is using their propaganda machines to get people like the OP to believe that eBay is "changing" the way they are doing business.

The bottom line is that eBay is geared for the BUYER no matter what! You can't give any Buyer a negative no matter how bad or a total dirtbag scamster they may be! "It is eBay Policy that we don't allow our sacred, protected-species Buyers to be retaliated against!"

eBay made a serious mistake thinking that the Sellers would eventually return. Part of eBay's mistake is that there are MANY specialty sites for old games, cards, comic books( Comic Connect, Heritage, etc). and a lot of them are making it. Why would those spurned Sellers return to FeeBay???

eBay is scrambling and they send me stuff almost daily, via email. "We are improving this, improving that", yadda yadda yadda. Not ONE of those nuisance emails has ever related to any of the phone calls the Reps( phone gophers who must pass the hot potato when I call) have discussed any particular Issue with me.

eBay MUST fail, and they eventually will. So I gotta get my stuff sold way before that happens. And I will.

Just don't believe the crappolla they dish out.

CAL :facepalm:

Hard to argue with any of that.

Even worse in non-USA contries.

No ebay bucks

150 listings for free?? - dream on brotha I get 40. As a top-rated seller.

No facility to pack and post from home - how hard can it be to implement that system in Australia - what a bonus for you guys.

So we get nothing compared to you guys and still get walloped with fees.

hard to argue with any of that.

Even worse in non-USA contries.

No ebay bucks

150 listings for free?? - dream on brotha I get 40. As a top-rated seller.

No facility to pack and post from home - how hard can it be to implement that system in Australia - what a bonus for you guys.

So we get nothing compared to you guys and still get walloped with fees.

Wow... I am just a "regular" seller, and I get 50 listings for free per month.

Y U NO GIVE FREE LISTINGS TO AUSTRALIA, EBAY?

000001ad.jpg

-slym

eBay is grasping for straws at their house crumbling without the nails to hold the walls up.

Those "nails" are the SELLERS that provide the PRODUCTS that the Buyers must buy to generate any FVF at all.

eBay is "waking up" to the FACT that they have lost over 20 MILLION USA Sellers during the last 5 years.

What hurts is that those Sellers WON'T RETURN! That is why eBay is using their propaganda machines to get people like the OP to believe that eBay is "changing" the way they are doing business.

The bottom line is that eBay is geared for the BUYER no matter what! You can't give any Buyer a negative no matter how bad or a total dirtbag scamster they may be! "It is eBay Policy that we don't allow our sacred, protected-species Buyers to be retaliated against!"

eBay made a serious mistake thinking that the Sellers would eventually return. Part of eBay's mistake is that there are MANY specialty sites for old games, cards, comic books( Comic Connect, Heritage, etc). and a lot of them are making it. Why would those spurned Sellers return to FeeBay???

eBay is scrambling and they send me stuff almost daily, via email. "We are improving this, improving that", yadda yadda yadda. Not ONE of those nuisance emails has ever related to any of the phone calls the Reps( phone gophers who must pass the hot potato when I call) have discussed any particular Issue with me.

eBay MUST fail, and they eventually will. So I gotta get my stuff sold way before that happens. And I will.

Just don't believe the crappolla they dish out.

CAL :facepalm:

They aren't really failing. Unfortunately, I worry that their stock price climb will validate their horrible customer service.

137964.jpg.f1b243ce7999b85d377373d255d96c3b.jpg

The REAL bottom line of eBay...

between 40 - 47% of their Income is the PayPal based fees they collect.

Between 68 - 73% of ALL AUCTIONS expire without bids. They are making money off of the Sellers who ask higher than the market will bear in general.

Sure, they want the Buy-it-nows and eBay Motors to sell, as they generate FVFs and the model is sound per se regarding online auctions, but Yhoo!Auctions actually had the superior feedback system, superior customer service, but they only now service Japan and two other countries.

eBay got real lucky they got there first, and was better funded than their then-arch-nemesis Yahoo!Auctions.

I sold my first item on Yahoo!Auctions, a Predator vs. Aliens TPB for $13.00. Bought it for $1.00, fees were close to a buck, so I made $11.00 on Yahoo!Auctions.

Got many a great comic book deal( steals) on Yahoo!Auctions back in the day too. A kid listed a FF # 48 CGC 8.5 for $125 on their version of the Buy-it-now and I was the first to get to it. I thought the kid was just not going to deliver as I made immediate payment. But he did send it, and railed about it a few months later. Yahoo did not mess around, they kicked him off while I on the phone with their customer service. Try doing that with Feebay. They will take literally 5 minutes of telling you WHY they can't do this, can't do that, yadda yadda yadda.

eBay WILL fail. I just don't know when.

CAL

I bought a Optimus Prime MISB Pepsi version on Yahoo Auctions for $500 10 years ago! My brother bought a ASM #40 for $150 that came back a CGC 9.2 White pages unrestored.

Maybe google should get some auctions going!

This world needs a new auction website!

Where else are you gonna sell a $300 modern age book that came out 2 days ago other than eBay? (shrug)

A kid listed a FF # 48 CGC 8.5 for $125 on their version of the Buy-it-now and I was the first to get to it.

I thought the kid was just not going to deliver as I made immediate payment. But he did send it, and railed about it a few months later.

I would have sent the kid a message alerting him to his mistake. But, that's just me.

Yahoo did not mess around, they kicked him off while I on the phone with their customer service.

You seem to have many problems requiring phone calls to many companies (ebay, CGC, Yahoo, etc.). Why do you suppose that is?

A kid listed a FF # 48 CGC 8.5 for $125 on their version of the Buy-it-now and I was the first to get to it.

I thought the kid was just not going to deliver as I made immediate payment. But he did send it, and railed about it a few months later.

I would have sent the kid a message alerting him to his mistake. But, that's just me.

Yahoo did not mess around, they kicked him off while I on the phone with their customer service.

You seem to have many problems requiring phone calls to many companies (ebay, CGC, Yahoo, etc.). Why do you suppose that is?

I have far many more transactions than you do, thus the larger chance of running into ignorant people.

The easiest way to spot the lesser-than-equals of the world is to quickly notice what they say, or in some cases( hint, only one hint), what they ask.

CAL doh!

I have far many more transactions than you do, thus the larger chance of running into ignorant people.

Doubtful. That's a very ignorant statement. You don't know what I do/have done for a living.

The easiest way to spot the lesser-than-equals of the world is to quickly notice what they say, or in some cases( hint, only one hint), what they ask.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you hinting at something? hm

Doubtful. That's a very ignorant statement. You don't know what I do/have done for a living.

An ignorant statement answering the first ignorant statement? Seems fair and accurate to me, and the smarter ones who will read this. But let me give you a fair chance at me: I been doing comics since I was ten years old. I was the comics kingpin during my school years, and watched a local friend of mine make it real big in the comic book world. Real big, and he taught me many of the things I still apply today. When you assume that the other person you decide to derail is a true lesser, it always helps to make sure that you are right. I GUARANTEE that in my case you are not.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you hinting at something? hm

I only give ONE hint, and that obviously killed two birds with one stone, a true lost art. You opened yourself up to this, so we will/have seen how you take it.