• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to send in Modern Books to CGC

27 posts in this topic

I have a few books I'm thinking about sending to CGC and I would like to know everyones opinions on the best way to go about doing it.

I have only previously submitted books on site to CGC directly which was a great experience.

I dont know when I will be able to do that again and I need to choose between sending directly or going through a partner. I live in NYC so there are a few in my area.

Let me know your thoughts...

Also books im looking to get graded are

Walking Dead #1

Walking Dead #50 hero variant

Possibly Helheim #1 ECCC variant

Morning Glories #1

and I have WD2-10 are those worth getting slabbed

Thanks guys

Don't send them in yourself. It will cost $35 per book ($25 if done in bulk).

Instead, send them via one of CGC's partners. It will cost much less ($18 per) and if they are kind enough, they will help you evaluate each comic prior to submission.

There is currently a back log at CGC. Expect a four month turn around.

The prices above do not include shipping charges.

Do you go to any comic cons? I mean TWD and MG have been around for a while, so I'm guessing you've just been holding on to them and are in no rush to slab them. NYC has a few that CGC is there and you can drop off your books. This is also good because people will help you out with an extra set of eyes telling you if it is 9.8 worthy when you're first starting. I usually just start a pile for that or if it needs pressing send it to joeypost or one of the other few people who do that.

I do go to cons but besides NYCC and the Asbury Park on in Jersey I dont know of many in the area..

The WD and Morning glories i got farily recently but yeah not in a huge rush.. do you know of the places in NYC ive tried looking some of them up but im pretty new to the game and would love some insight.

Thanks so much

Don't send them in yourself. It will cost $35 per book ($25 if done in bulk).

Instead, send them via one of CGC's partners. It will cost much less ($18 per) and if they are kind enough, they will help you evaluate each comic prior to submission.

There is currently a back log at CGC. Expect a four month turn around.

The prices above do not include shipping charges.

$35/book is for Economy submissions - his books would go under the Modern tier which costs $18/book.

Send them to joeypost (CFP comics) If you send 10 or more the pressing fee is $8.00, he passes the 20% dealer discount with CGC on to you so moderns run $14.40 so basically the pressing costs $5.40 versus the regular price. Even a .02 bumb on the WD #1 will pay for all your pressing.

Send them to joeypost (CFP comics) If you send 10 or more the pressing fee is $8.00, he passes the 20% dealer discount with CGC on to you so moderns run $14.40 so basically the pressing costs $5.40 versus the regular price. Even a .02 bumb on the WD #1 will pay for all your pressing.

Might be a dumb question but i always see people talking about pressing,,, what exactly is pressing is that another name for getting the book slabbed?

Send all of your books in Mylars. The most expensive Mylars you can find. CGC love Mylars.

Really? Does that help the grade out? I sent in two batman #1s new 52 and one batman #1 new 52 variant the non variatns were bagged and boarded and the variant was in a mylar and that was the only one to come back a 9.8 the other two were 9.6

that have something to do with it you think?

Send all of your books in Mylars. The most expensive Mylars you can find. CGC love Mylars.

Really? Does that help the grade out? I sent in two batman #1s new 52 and one batman #1 new 52 variant the non variatns were bagged and boarded and the variant was in a mylar and that was the only one to come back a 9.8 the other two were 9.6

Mylars have everything to do with grading. Roy taught me that. I'm sure if you PM him he'll be more than happy to tell you how to prep your books before you send them to CGC ...

Mylars have everything to do with grading. Roy taught me that. I'm sure if you PM him he'll be more than happy to tell you how to prep your books before you send them to CGC ...

(tsk)

Good to know, as far as mylars go do all your non cgc books in yoru collection go in mylars or is there a system in place for what goes in a mylar vs reg bag and board?

Good to know, as far as mylars go do all your non cgc books in yoru collection go in mylars or is there a system in place for what goes in a mylar vs reg bag and board?

For my personal collection - I put books that are older than 20 years old in Mylars. The rest I don't care about because I probably won't keep any of the modern garbage currently in my collection.

Tape too, be sure to seal each mylar with lots of scotch tape, can't be too careful. And be sure to send in any COA's or random stuff that goes with the books so CGC can put them in slab with the book.