• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book are you reading next / finally getting around to / trying on a whim?

69 posts in this topic

Just finished the 2nd Bone trade... Lots of fun so far. Also I started Locke & Key on a whim and just plowed thru the 5 HC in a two week span; Locke & Key is highly recommended reading if you haven't started it yet.

If everyone's answer on this isn't Y the Last Man, you should delete your account.

How can you say such an absolute statement on something so subjective? C'mon, man...

:baiting:

Locke & Key. Bought some early issues at a LCS just to flip them back in the days and only skimmed through them thinking "what can people possibly see in this?" Decided to pick the hardcovers at the public library. About to read Vols. 4 & 5 now.

I am no longer reading any Marvel in my pull list so I got the first trade of Hawkeye from the library as well since I've only heard positive reviews of that series.

Err Red Hulk at the moment... :blush:

... actually I am more interested by that than a lot of the usual suspects that get recommended but it's nice to hear about those too :P

I am no longer reading any Marvel in my pull list so I got the first trade of Hawkeye from the library as well since I've only heard positive reviews of that series.

I just finally read the first issue myself! Likey. (thumbs u So far it feels like the Miller/Mazzuchelli Daredevil run, in a good way. I'm in.

Err Red Hulk at the moment... :blush:

... actually I am more interested by that than a lot of the usual suspects that get recommended but it's nice to hear about those too :P

Its pretty good actually!

If everyone's answer on this isn't Y the Last Man, you should delete your account.

How can you say such an absolute statement on something so subjective? C'mon, man...

I see what you did there.

I had to. lol It's all good.

But to answer the question, I'm looking forward to rereading Sixth Gun. Read the first trade but wasn't motivated to buy the others. A couple of days ago I bought the other trades online on a whim.

I see what you did there.

I had to. lol It's all good.

But to answer the question, I'm looking forward to rereading Sixth Gun. Read the first trade but wasn't motivated to buy the others. A couple of days ago I bought the other trades online on a whim.

Did it feel a little light on the dialogue side?

Every summer I do a re-reading of a run of ASM. Last summer I read from 200-252 for fun. It had been a LONG time since I read a lot of those issues. This summer I've filled in my gaps from 150-200 and am going to read that. Than I might jump back and do 253-300 but I'm not sure. I might have my run from 100-150 finished by the summer, but it is doubtful.

I'd also like to give Locke and Key a try. We'll see what I have time for this summer.

School gets out (teacher) the 14th so it is on from than until around August 15th or something. I have two kids to enteratain and take care of though.

Any Spider-Man suggestions would be great. I'm doing the 1000 comics in 2013 here, and then 500 Spidey comics on CBRs boards.

I'm thinking about taking on the massive task of reading the main stream superhero comics(before the reboots). I've read a ton of Vertigo and Image stuff(and then other stuff like Bone and Strangers in Paradise), but I've only ever read like ten full runs with the flagship Marvel/DC characters. For example, I literally just finished reading the Blackest Night/Brightest Day crossovers and recently read All-Star Supes. The amount of Marvel/DC knowledge I'm missing out on is massive.

All-Star Supes was awesome. Another great book that comes to mind that is of the same ilk is Silver Surfer: Requiem. It is a future story of the Surfer's last days alive on Earth. You can get the whole mini for cheap, or just buy the trade. 2c

I am going to tackle the Cerebus phone books.........I would read an odd issue here and there but always felt like I had no clue what was going on.

In no particular order these are the stories I have cued up......

The Invisibles, Castle Waiting, Bean World, Preacher and Chew. I have recently re-read Zot, Y the Last Man, Journey, Ranma 1/2 and Local and I love picking out things I missed the first go round.

I am 3/4 the way through Y the Last Man (which I am reading for the first time). I am then moving onto American Vampire which will be followed by Fables.

Loving YTLM. Wish I would have read it the first time around but better late than never.

mathew

Not so much try new things, but I need to re-engage with WD, Invincible and now that it's been mentioned Cerebus. i've read the first few trades of each and then been distracted by other stuff. I would like to get back to those three soon.

Guardian Devil (DD vol2 1999)

Awesome stuff.