• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just some passing tidbits as my mind races...
1 1

88 posts in this topic

During a break at a charity function I sponsored recently, I had the chance to listen to the youngsters( 35 to be exact) talk about Superheroes.

By a WIDE margin, Iron Man was their favorite Marvel Supe. Then the voices named Spidey, Cap, a few Thors, FF's, X-Mens.

They were all mostly familiar with the DC biggies, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman.

Of course, this was in anticipation of Iron Man 3 to be released soon.

When the Avengers movie was out, me and my buddies went to the Westwood Theatre right down the street from UCLA, had a blast, and the Theatre sold these Avengers cups, and you could choose one of the four Avengers action fifure to twist on the top of the cup:

1) Iron Man

2) Hulk

3) Thor

4) Captain America.

My friend saw the girl pull out a box under the counter, the box about 20"x20"x15" or so, filled with the action figures( about 3" tall each).

They did run out, or should say, ran out of ONE Avenger.

Not Iron Man. It was Cap!

I thought Marvel killed off Cap. But again, I don't read or have kept up past early Bronze Age. Nice being a Dinosaur, don't know when the world has changed forever...

CAL

I thought Marvel killed off Cap. But again, I don't read or have kept up past early Bronze Age. Nice being a Dinosaur, don't know when the world has changed forever...

CAL

You're not a real Marvel hero until you've been dead at least once.

With the cash you saved from passing on the TOS 39 CGC 9.4, I'm assuming we'll see an IMSM #1 CGC 9.8 in your collection soon, right? :wishluck:

Indeed.

Cal, I'll sell you mine for half what the TOS would have cost you :baiting:

With the cash you saved from passing on the TOS 39 CGC 9.4, I'm assuming we'll see an IMSM #1 CGC 9.8 in your collection soon, right? :wishluck:

The price has got to be right. You guys must think that I am the impulsive buyer???

CAL :facepalm:

The price has got to be right. You guys must think that I am the impulsive buyer???

CAL :facepalm:

Just don't wait until that Spawn 1 in 9.9 sells for your asking price, because you will need all your money for parkas, as hell will have frozen over.