• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May ComicLink Auction and the Big Green Egg

87 posts in this topic

That went better then expected :blush: I snagged this white-pager.

SC6cover_zps6f869213.jpg

Think that was a board seller, could have sworn I saw it offered over in the marketplace at one point... maybe jimjum?

Didn't win anything this time around. There was only 1 I really wanted, but it went for about 40% more than I wanted to spend. Bids seemed higher this month compared to the rest of the year. Also, no real steals this month for stuff I shop for (unlike last month when there were a few low CGCs of 5.0 or below, but with defects that don't bother me, or apparent high grade CGCs).

That's okay, I have WW Philly next week to spend my money at, and next month's c-link and c-connect.

What's weird is comics I bid on seem to get bid to my max bid and then stop.

A little strange if you ask me hm

Glad I'm not the only one.

I only bought one book this time. I had a dinner party to go to and couldn't bid as the auction ended so I put in a large bid, way more than I expected the book to go for but I wanted the book badly and wanted to ensure that I had a shot. Surprise, the book sold for my exact amount.

Makes you go hm

(Shades of Mound City?)

I only bought one book this time. I had a dinner party to go to and couldn't bid as the auction ended so I put in a large bid, way more than I expected the book to go for but I wanted the book badly and wanted to ensure that I had a shot. Surprise, the book sold for my exact amount.

Makes you go hm

(Shades of Mound City?)

Unlikely.

Makes you go hm

(Shades of Mound City?)

Unlikely.

Clinks Feb Feature, I put in a bid $4000 over what I won the book for. There is nothing wrong with your TV set.

Makes you go hm

(Shades of Mound City?)

Unlikely.

Clinks Feb Feature, I put in a bid $4000 over what I won the book for. There is nothing wrong with your TV set.

I think you're right, I also think it had a lot to do with my bids being close to the bid increments, making it seem to me like someone knew my max. All those maxes eventually fell to higher bids anyway. I'm happy I got something and didn't pay too much. $200 over GPA but there were only 2 books on it and the last sale looks like a fluke to me.

My first Challengers Showcase (in 30+ years anyway). It would indeed be ironic if it were JimJun's as I have bought a few SC's off him recently. Great guy BTW