• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May ComicLink Auction and the Big Green Egg

87 posts in this topic

and heritage...

it all makes for busy Sunday watching... I feel like ComicLink usually takes a monday spike when people lose on Sunday HA/eBay books and then move their money over to CLink auctions closing during the week.

I just realized that I will be bidding from my iPhone or be bold and use the iPad while I am at a dinner function on Tuesday night. To tell the truth, I do not even know what it is for. Boss says come along... I break out the suit with the black shirt.

There is one book I REALLY want that is being offered on Tuesday evening. I just do not know if I want to drop the coin on it when a lower grade copy would make me just as happy.

I'm down to watching 1 comic now and it doesn't look good. But then I realized today WW Philadelphia is next week (how time flies). So I won't be disappointment if I strike out this month as I have the con to look forward to.

congrats on your BGE!

I've had one for a few years now and I'm loving it.

I haven't really been using it as a smoker yet - but it gives me something to look forward to.

You cook mostly steaks and burgers on it as a grill? Or do you use it as a oven?

steaks, burgers, fish on cedar planks... even the veggies taste great (while I don't use it as a smoker I will put in a handful of presoaked woodchips on occasion) but this year I 'm picking up the pizza stone and the what I'm told is a much needed accessories if baking breads and pizza -- the raised platesetter.

they have a pretty active forum

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1139586/whats-your-pizza-setup

enjoy

The All American 18 went for a steal

The 4.5 sure did, about half guide.

I'll probably regret not going a little harder for the All Select #1. I'm still winning too much later in the auction to risk winning that book too.

I know you have great taste, but is the later stuff better than an All Select 1?

Avengers 24 at 9.8 for $900+ I saw on GPA that one sold recently for $1300. What is going on? :o That book normally turns in the $425 to $470 range. Of course whoever bought the book must think they got a steal if they went by the GPA number.

I'll probably regret not going a little harder for the All Select #1. I'm still winning too much later in the auction to risk winning that book too.

I know you have great taste, but is the later stuff better than an All Select 1?

What was the hammer?

0 for 7

should have gone all in on the GL #1, it went cheap, but when I kept getting outbid I knew someone had put in (Im guessing) a near-GPA number so I walked away....Who ever got it, won it for the lowest price in almost 2 years.

meanwhile the GL40 went for spot on GPA.

1/2

I called ComicLink this afternoon before bidding. According to CLink the white specks are on the scan and not the book. This meets my requirement for a perfect ASM 129 and a nice upgrade from my 8.5. The Action 33 was in my target but will be mine another day.

911D2041-44C9-41A5-A6D9-C7AAB61EE87E-7123-00000495093F6BA0.jpg

Probably not... but there are a bunch of Marvel Mysterys that I like.... and about 20 other books too.