• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats The Best Way To Store A Signed Comic?

13 posts in this topic

I just picked up two signed comic books from the author himself on ebay. What is everyones advice on storing these comics?

My first thought was to have the comics professionally framed. Not that I have any intention of hanging them up anywhere to be displayed, it just seems like it would be a good way to keep them protected.

Perhaps you guys know of some products I am unaware of that might be better for these books. I am looking for any advice.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

I am simply keeping them in their bags, with a note to remind me they are signed. But I have very few.

Simple and sweet. I like it. I feel like I was over thinking this maybe?

In a bank vault, signed comics are quite valuable so security measures anything short of Fort Knox would be irrasponsible!

I like the idea. Do I have to worry about are issues? For example having the staples rust in a bank vault?

Mylite2, full back, top loader... done.

This is how I store all my nicer books^^^

But with sigs, I would consider adding a large safe, armed guards, and some claymores around the perimeter.

Also a motion detector and a couple predator missiles ready to launch at the first sign of intrusion.

I'm kidding, :grin:

What grumble said would be just fine for them.

Thank you all for your advice so far. I do honestly appreciate it. When the books come in perhaps I will add a picture to this thread so you can see what all the fuss was about.

As far as the Mylites are concerned. Would you recommend Amazon for buying them? I live In Juneau, Alaska. I order most of my comic book bags and boards from Amazon. Just never ordered Mylites before.

Hotflips is the best around here, E Gerber is good too but a pain to order from sometimes. No idea what shipping would cost, though. And stay away from Comic Supply, he's been ripping people off for a while now.

Thank you Casper.