• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comic Con report during.

160 posts in this topic

If you want to see "more" of Sarah, she is on my Flickr site wearing considerably less.
(shrug)

:gossip: You have to log into Flickr using Yahoo, Google, or Facebook and change your "safe" level to be able to see most of my photos.

You have amazing Talent. I wish I could shoot 1/3 as awell as you.

I follow you on flickr but I cant find Sarah... Is she under another name?

BTW I hope that didnt sound creepy

She is under the group shots (thumbs u

Without a doubt the prettiest girl in the room on Sunday. Just stunning, and I don't use that word lightly. She was every bit of 6ft

8755574245_b030f7e0cb_z.jpg

Dallas-Comic-Con-70 by DWShoots, on Flickr

very cute.

They could cast her for the next Avengers movie, she looks that good!

She really was THAT pretty. One of those that you can't stop looking at and feel awkward for doing so.

Another shot of this couple at a LCS for FCBD.........

197786_480697545334877_902584991_n_zps15a1e917.jpg

He is a fortunate guy.

If you want to see "more" of Sarah, she is on my Flickr site wearing considerably less.
(shrug)

:gossip: You have to log into Flickr using Yahoo, Google, or Facebook and change your "safe" level to be able to see most of my photos.

She is under the group shots (thumbs u

I shot with Sarah again before the con I just haven't had time to go through the images yet. About to make a 6 hour drive too. :(

I'm making a stop because there was a vintage Polaroid Land camera at an antique mall that I'm going to pick up as Fuji still makes film for them, you just have to make a couple alterations to the camera because the old battery in them is probably dead.

Without a doubt the prettiest girl in the room on Sunday. Just stunning, and I don't use that word lightly. She was every bit of 6ft

very cute.

She really was THAT pretty. One of those that you can't stop looking at and feel awkward for doing so.

He is a fortunate guy.

Both of them over 6ft too as it's hard to really tell from the images.

(shrug)

Not creepy at all. She was one of my 5 in the group ranch shoot.

She's a tad weird too as one of the first things she said to me when I met her in person was "I don't believe in monogamous relationships".

My reaction was, ok, I'm not sure why you're telling me this but I'll act like it seems perfectly normal.

Ernie Hudson's back. He's ripped.

2B7040CA-BF3C-4404-9AD2-3493AADCC87F-1032-000000AA6A9B9F3E_zps01c1d7bb.jpg

Is Ernie talking to Ron Jeremy??

John Lucas. Inker/Artist out of Arkansas.

Is that Roy in the background having a seizure?

very cute.

He is a fortunate guy.

Both of them over 6ft too as it's hard to really tell from the images.

I don't care how tall he is - I'd still say he is the fortunate one :kidaround:

:applause:

Its not a laughing matter - the poor guy looks like he is in a lot of pain. Hope you get better soon Roy! :devil:

:applause:

Its not a laughing matter - the poor guy looks like he is in a lot of pain. Hope you get better soon Roy! :devil:

Jon was doing the typical over-exaggerated nervous I'm standing here talking to a celebrity laugh.

Looks like Dallas is already sharing weekends with Motor City again next year. Now if only we can get Big Wow and 2-3 other shows to conflict with it again we'll really be rocking. (thumbs u

So we have the "no national dealer" trifecta again, and I'm sure the Byron Nelson Classic will be the same weekend, so inflated pricing on hotel rooms too!

I believe the Byron is getting moved.

The Colonial may end up in it's place though.

So I finally got around to downloading pics off my iPhone and making some scans. At long last here is my (sure to be inferior to Buffyfan's) con report:

Overall I think I enjoyed this show more than any other show I've attended in Dallas, and I've been to every show they've had over the past 2-3 years save maybe one. This show was also the biggest CF of all the Dallas shows I've attended, mainly due to the immense size of the crowd on Saturday and the p***-poor crowd management (partially due to the planning, but also significantly a problem of the venue being way overtaxed). But the guests were great for me, very generous with their time, and I picked up some great books to boot.

Here are a couple of shots from mid-day Saturday to give some idea of the size of the crowd and the resulting logistical difficulties. The top one is the lobby taken from one of the escalators that were often routed going only up (you had to go outside in the 90+ degree heat to go back down, and that was also often a better option to go up). I'd say 80% of those folks are waiting to get on the escalator.

Lobby.jpg

Random shot of the aisle near many of the talent on mid-Saturday that I took from Romita Jr's line.

Aisle.jpg

ONE of the overflow parking lots on Saturday. There were others.

Parking.jpg

Here are a few shots of some of the talent, etc, that I took on Sunday morning right before or shortly after the doors opened when things were a little more sedate:

Terry Moore (foreground) and Joe Rubenstein (next to DWC's table).

MooreRubenstein.jpg

Steranko (left) and Romita Jr's tables in the corner.

Steranko.jpg

The hardworking folks at DWC's booth, working with Romita Jr to get some books done for customers.

DWC.jpg

And here are my pickups:

I waited in line for Romita Jr for probably about 4 hours all together (not in a row, we had tickets so we could leave line if we needed to, but I was mostly there unless he was on a break), but it was well worth it. I got my ASM #239 signed for SS and after a very reasonable donation to his charity he did this sketch for me. It was the highlight of my show.

RomitaSketch.jpg

RomitaJr.jpg

I got one book signed by Steranko. Its a beater, but I don't care as I just wanted an example of his signature that I got myself. His line took forever, but it was because he kept telling fantastic stories about all the books everyone was bringing him to sign (mostly about his battles with Stan and other editors over his work). If you ever see him at a show definitely go see him (but be prepared to wait).

ST163sign.jpg

Last but not least, the couple of books I picked up. I got them both from Black Cat, who is always great to work with and has nice stuff.

TOS31.jpg

ST34.jpg