• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Marvel Tales No. 1 - NOW REDUCED FOR MEMORIAL DAY!

29 posts in this topic

I've owned several of these--and a Millie the Model annual from the same period--with the blank covers. It's my understanding that they were made for export to the Canadian market...

I wonder if its only annuals that had blank back covers. hm must be rarer then the regular version. hmhm

Here's how Doug Sulipa lists these when he has them in stock...

"Scarce early CANADIAN Variant Edition with both inside covers and back cover all White / Blank."

I think they're very cool, and would grab this one in a heartbeat if I didn't already own 2 copies of the non-blank cover version.

Somebody should snag this. In my experience at least, they don't show up all that often...

I have to admit I didn't even realize this was the Canadian variant, as both this and the copy I upgraded to were blank! I have gone ahead and updated the description accordingly.

Thanks to those who helped solve this little mystery.

All the 1965 Marvel annuals went to Canada with blank back covers and blank interior covers. I have an FF Annual #3 (CGC'd at 7.0) and a raw copy of ASM Annual #2 with these blank covers. The 1964 Marvel Tales "Annual" and the FF #2 Annual (1964) were also sold (in Canada) with blank covers. I don't know about whether there was ever a ASM Annual #1 for Canada with a blank cover. I've never owned one of those.

All the 1965 Marvel annuals went to Canada with blank back covers and blank interior covers. I have an FF Annual #3 (CGC'd at 7.0) and a raw copy of ASM Annual #2 with these blank covers. The 1964 Marvel Tales "Annual" and the FF #2 Annual (1964) were also sold (in Canada) with blank covers. I don't know about whether there was ever a ASM Annual #1 for Canada with a blank cover. I've never owned one of those.

I should have mentioned . . . until I got onto ebay years ago and started buying upgrades to some of my 1965 Marvel annuals from US sellers, I never knew these 1965 annuals HAD advertising on their covers. They're not scarce in Canada, BTW.

I've owned several of these--and a Millie the Model annual from the same period--with the blank covers. It's my understanding that they were made for export to the Canadian market...

I wonder if its only annuals that had blank back covers. hm must be rarer then the regular version. hmhm

It's only the annuals with blank covers. I thought all Marvel annuals had blank covers until I found out they were Canadian. Being in Canada, how was I to know otherwise?