• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off! Slabs - blue & SS, Stevens, 1st appearances, sketches, blanks, WD

101 posts in this topic

Ok, so a lot of you already know that a storage unit I was renting while I'm having a house built was broken into and they got my wife's jewelry, my Wii, and my Xbox.

Oh man. I missed this part.

Great luck with the sale. :foryou:

Yeah, happened the Friday before Mothers' day. It was not the best weekend to say the least. We should be hearing from the adjustor today but with the limitations on our renters policy we aren't expecting much. Hence, the sale. Thanks for stopping in!

V1#2 - Dave Stevens color cover CGC 9.8 - $35

i-3DxpTcC-XL.jpg

V1#3 - Dave Stevens color cover CGC 9.8 - $35

i-WJm2r4t-X2.jpg

V1#4 - Dave Stevens color cover CGC 9.8 - $35

i-bzmS8XS-X2.jpg

:takeit:

I think I've updated all the books that have been sold thus far. All I can do is say thank you :foryou:

My wife won't willingly let me sell my stuff to replace hers but I'm doing it anyway and I can tell you already that we've managed to come up with enough for all her sorority "items" that were in the jewelry box. She's an alumni advisor and has been for awhile now so there was quite a bit of that stuff.

Depending on how much I raise all together and what we get back from the insurance company will determine what all I can attempt to replace.

Oh man, Im really sorry to hear about that man. Thats insane I was thinking of investing in a unit too. GLWTS I hope you're able to replace most of the stuff.

Ive never seen that second jetpack cover, now Im fienning it. Any chance of loose raws? The number four cover, is that one where he is saying "yipes"? If so I'm loving that one too.

I went and looked for the raw of #4 I had. It shipped out to CGC in my last order :facepalm: No raw jetpacks laying around either. Sorry. :cry:

So here is the updated list as of this morning....

Universal slabs:

Alien Worlds #2 CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens cover - $50

All-Star Comics #58 CGC 9.4 1st Powergirl - $125

Danger Girl Preview CGC 9.8 1st appearance of the Danger Girl team - $60

Evil Ernie #1 CGC 9.2 1st Lady Death - $125

Grimm Fairy Tales Wonderland #2 CGC 9.8 Dragon Con variant - $40

Madman Comics CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens back cover - $40

Pacific Presents #1 CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens/Steve Ditko cover - $50

Rocketeer Adventures (IDW)

V1#1 - Jetpack Variant CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens cover - $100

V1#2 - Black & White Dave Stevens incentive cover CGC 9.8 - $55

V2#1 - Jetpack Variant Dave Stevens cover CGC 9.9 - $150

True Love #1 CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens cover - $50

Signature Series

CGC 9.6 SS Amazing Spider-man 648 Dagger sketch by Richard Cox - $90

CGC 9.8 SS Avengers #1 Black Widow by Conny Valentina - $125

CGC 9.4 SS Dune #1 Virgina Madsen (the Queen!) signed and "Arrakis, better known as Dune" quote - $110

CGC 9.8 SS Justice League #1 SDCC variant Ty Templesmith Wonder Woman sketch - $135

CGC 9.8 SS Oz #4 night version released at Heroes signed by both Mary and Mike DeBalfo (Mary his wife is the model), Nei, and 1 other - $95

CGC 9.8 SS X-Men #1 Anthony Castrillo recreation of X-Men #50 - $225

Qualified:

Ebas CGC 9.6 Black Widow sketch on a Secret Invasion #1 - $175

Ok, so a lot of you already know that a storage unit I was renting while I'm having a house built was broken into and they got my wife's jewelry, my Wii, and my Xbox.

Oh man. I missed this part.

Great luck with the sale. :foryou:

Yeah, happened the Friday before Mothers' day. It was not the best weekend to say the least. We should be hearing from the adjustor today but with the limitations on our renters policy we aren't expecting much. Hence, the sale. Thanks for stopping in!

I was under the impression that these places had insurance for theft. I'm pretty sure we were insured when we had to fill a unit after my wife's father passed away a couple of years ago. There was so much going on though that it could have been something we had them add for an extra something per month (and not necessarily standard), but I can't be sure. I hate to hear about that happening to you guys though.

A lot of places do have the insurance. This particular place is more of a "mom and pop" storage facility, not the Public Storage franchise type. We have a storage unit with Public Storage in a different city and we pay $7 a month extra for $5,000 in coverage, pretty much like you said. This place did not offer the insurance and actually made it known at the time we rented it that they didn't offer it. We only planned on keeping the unit for a total of 3 months so we didn't think that much about it. Live and learn I guess.

So...just to give an update really, I heard back from the insurance company today. We lost nearly $4,000 worth of stuff and are getting a check back for roughly $1,500. You guys have made up another $500 at least but we still haven't even covered her stuff that was lost. Screw my stuff. Thanks again guys for your help getting me to halfway back. :applause:

If anyone is interested in making any offers PLEASE do so. I've taken a couple already. Let's go ahead and say 10% off anything listed up to now, going into the Memorial day weekend while we are at it. :)

If I can figure out a time to do it I have some raw books I want to list.

Ok, before I start trying to dig through the raw books I'm going to try a second wave of slabs and see what tickles your fancy....

Avengers Annual #10 CGC 9.6 1st Rogue - $115

Black Widow RARE Campbell variant #6 CGC 9.8 - $180

Black Widow Johanssen Photo cover variant #1 CGC 9.8 - $100

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (old Dark Horse) #24 Photo cover CGC 9.8 - $55

Cavewoman #1 CGC 9.6 1st Cavewoman - $175

Dark Horse Presents #100 CGC 9.6 - $25

NYX #3 1st X-23 CGC 9.8 - $185

Spectacular Spider-man #64 1st Cloak & Dagger CGC 9.6 - $55

Star Wars #1 (1979) CGC 9.2 - $125

Star Wars #6 (1979) CGC 9.6 - $40

Who's Who #4 CGC 9.8 - $35

Who's Who #18 CGC 9.8 - $35

SS to come....

Batman 404 CGC 9.4 SS Frank Miller - $300

Captain America #34 (V4) CGC 9.6 SS Joe Simon, Alex Ross, Steve Epting - $250

Charmed #2 CGC 9.8 SS Rose McGowan (on back) and Holly Marie Combs - $300

New Avengers #1 CGC SS 9.8 Anthony Castrillo Nova sketch - $200

Our Love Story #5 CGC 9.0 SS Steranko, Romita Sr., & Stan Lee - $450

TMNT #4 first print CGC 9.2 SS Kevin Eastman with turtle sketch - $160

X-Files #2 CGC 9.8 SS Gillian Anderson $150

I will get pictures up on these as I can this evening....