• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I seeing things, or is Wizard the big hype machine you all say...

12 posts in this topic

Flipping through the latest Wizard I noticed this little 1/3 page article intitled "Trade Embargo-Cool stories you won't find in the bookstore" It was about the 2099 line up coming soon from marvel and such, nothing earth shatering, the thing I found a little interesting was the book shown. It was Spider-Man 2099, there it was at the top of the article in big bold red letter and right next to it was "NM-$62"............??

Is this right? This always struck me as a $1.00 bin book at best, but I have been known to be wrong. confused.gif

I used to collect Wizards and went by their price guide in the back until I came upon these boards and eBay. foreheadslap.gif

I dont collect it anymore... gossip.gif

This is my First post so I figured I would say Hi.

Anyways I think Wizards is ok for reading but I question their pricing system. Its almost like their trying boost comic sells single handed. I guess they probly own stock in Mavel/DC 27_laughing.gif As for me I try and go by the CBG since their system makes a little more sence to me wink.gif Now this kinda suck when you try to buy comics since the rest of the world goes by Wizards Balloned price guide tonofbricks.gif

Wizards price guides prices are outrageous. Wizard usually sees that a book is hot and raises the price in the price guide but books that come out within one month and did not have a short printing should not go from $4.00 to 15 in one month example secret war...

since the rest of the world goes by Wizards Balloned price guide

Hello and welcome and you will be refreshed to kow that the rest of the world really does not go by Wizards Balloned price guide!!!!!!!! You betcha!

Thanks

I'm really sorry about that and shouldn't have said the world goes by Wizards guide. That statement made everyone in the hooby sound bad and not what I intened it to mean. It just seems that all the modern age books I go for people think are solid gold. This has its up side since I desided to spend that money on Silver/Bronze age books instead. These books has been a ton of fun to collect and read. Now all I need to do is Join CGC and slab some of them wink.gif