• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd Nauck WARNING about a ebay listing !!! Must read !!!

22 posts in this topic

per his FaceBook page:

Todd Nauck

WARNING:

This eBay auction has gone up with a seller claiming he can acquire sketches from me at Phoenix Comic Con this weekend.

Just as a heads up to y'all, this seller has not contacted me nor represents me in any way.

If you do decide to get one of my black and white convention head shot commissions through him, you'll be paying almost twice as much (plus shipping) at your own risk.

I want to make sure people know that I DO NOT know this person nor am I affiliated with him or his auction in any way.

-Todd Nauck

ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Hand-drawn-commission-sketch-by-Todd-Nauck-You-name-the-character-/290919498356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bc274274

They removed all the listings.

A few will ruin it for us all.

I don't think it is all gloom and doom. But a lot of creators are getting hip to the secondary market on Sig Series and sketches. It will take some time to get adjusted to, but it has already started to change a little bit. Lots of creators are asking for donations to CBLDF and the like for signatures. As long as we all respect the creators, it will be OK. I have not been a fan of automatically donating for any creator on any book, but that appears to be where we are headed.

The thing that I find curious is that the secondary market has not really been affected by the extreme jump in costs of SS (fast tracking, invoice charges, facilitator fees and creator fees). At least not in any fashion that I can perceive.

They removed all the listings.

A few will ruin it for us all.

I don't think it is all gloom and doom. But a lot of creators are getting hip to the secondary market on Sig Series and sketches. It will take some time to get adjusted to, but it has already started to change a little bit. Lots of creators are asking for donations to CBLDF and the like for signatures. As long as we all respect the creators, it will be OK. I have not been a fan of automatically donating for any creator on any book, but that appears to be where we are headed.

The thing that I find curious is that the secondary market has not really been affected by the extreme jump in costs of SS (fast tracking, invoice charges, facilitator fees and creator fees). At least not in any fashion that I can perceive.

I think part of it is that it takes time for the market to catch up, and the other part of is that a fair amount of potential buyers like to get books they hunt for and own signed by their favorite creators. They like the search for high grade, and the waiting in line to meet their favorite creator. People aren't all about paying a premium for convenience... yet. Well some are, but not all.

The ONLY reason I sent a book down to be be SS'd at WWP by Salvador Larroca is because there is no realistic way for me to attend, and that's the first Convention appearance in a while I've seen him listed for.

Otherwise, I agree, I love to line up, wait, and actually get to TALK to the people that make the books I love awesome :D

I love to go and meet with the creators, it's an absolute blast!

That being said, there aren't a lot of conventions particularly close to Arkansas and I'm having more and more trouble traveling and dealing with large groups of people. Given my experience in KC in April, I may have attended my last show. I simply can't cope in that environment despite really wanting to be there.

(shrug)

That being said, the facilitators and eBayers out may soon be the only way I can obtain signatures and CGC SS. Sure, I have to pay extra, but it's trade off for not having to pay to get in to the show, buy gas, buy meals, get a hotel, etc....

I think that 3rd party acquisition of sigs / sketches is appropriate and pretty awesome when handled the right way.

I think most of us have seen this done correctly and how great it can be.

This is just an example of the worst way to do it.

I think that 3rd party acquisition of sigs / sketches is appropriate and pretty awesome when handled the right way.

I think most of us have seen this done correctly and how great it can be.

This is just an example of the worst way to do it.

(thumbs u

I think it is OK to offer sketch request slots if you are the artist's art representative OR if the artist ASKS YOU for help filling their sketch list because it is a slow show.

I think that ALOT of people can get angry very quickly if they find out that other people are publicly selling public sketch slots for a convention they are attending prior to the event even happening.

Convention Organizers do not like this.

Convention Attendees do not like this.

It seems some artists do not like this. (because it upsets the attendees and organizers)

If you want a large number of slots with an artist I think that you should privately arrange this. This way you do not upset the people who do not like this practice. This way fans who do not have the inside info are able to get on sketch lists. (Their reason for going to the shows, the reason the organizers invite the artists)

I do not accept sketch requests for conventions. I do agree to pickup sketches if my clients arrange it with the artists themselves. If I want a large # of slots I setup a private op.

2c

I think this is going to affect people like Dscott more than anybody and it's not his fault. He is contacting the artists and the artists reps to set these up pre-con and basically doing it right. He's going through proper channels.

Whoever this guy is, is trying to perform a similar "service" but instead of making sure everybody is on the same page he is just jumping out there and hoping he can get everything he needs from everyone with no reverance towards the artist or the reps. 'em off bud. Soon enough people like this will ruin it for everyone.

All I know is that if I spend all of the time to go to a con and the artist does not have time to do a sketch for me because all of their "slots" were filled up by 1 person........I would be kinda ticked off. I assume a decent number of people might feel the same way.