• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Re-Attached tape" means nothing to the top GA books??

27 posts in this topic

Judging by many current eBay examples, looks like Mark Wilson's response to CGC's new stance on tape is to keep taping up books, then sub them to PGX, who seem remarkably forgiving of tape. What a shame.

Doesn't really surprise me, Jeff - any book that's been "Wilson-ized" (tape, spine realignment, whatever, etc.) is something I avoid like the plague (especially if in a PGX slab).

:facepalm::sick:

Judging by many current eBay examples, looks like Mark Wilson's response to CGC's new stance on tape is to keep taping up books, then sub them to PGX, who seem remarkably forgiving of tape. What a shame.

:facepalm:

Jeff, I took it as these were those he had in queue at CGC that got the new treatment. He got them back with green labels and then chose to send them to PGX ( doh! )

It remains to be seen if he will continue to try the tape route or find another trick to slide by CGC.

Jeff, I took it as these were those he had in queue at CGC that got the new treatment. He got them back with green labels and then chose to send them to PGX ( doh! )

It remains to be seen if he will continue to try the tape route or find another trick to slide by CGC.

No, he's including a scan of the CGC qualified label in the listings and they are pre-tape. He then added tape and subbed to PGX.

Doesn't really surprise me, Jeff - any book that's been "Wilson-ized" (tape, spine realignment, whatever, etc.) is something I avoid like the plague (especially if in a PGX slab).

:facepalm::sick:

+1

Those kind of behind the scenes shenanigans could hurt the market long-term.

I guess short-term profits trumps integrity? :)

With the Sup 1 on Clink at 51,510.00 (4 hours left), and the Tec 35 on HA that sold for 7200.00 with juice, both have the dreaded "tape" stank to them, maybe doesn't mean a thing with the top 20 GA books,

What your take?

I know it affected my intention to bid. I had planned to go after the Tec 35 but after some consideration decided against it. But i have very shallow pockets compared to most.