• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 55 Mile High 2, makes you wonder......

8 posts in this topic

Hi Chaps,

Picked this up at my LCS last week and I thought I would share it with you guys.

It really makes me wonder what other gems are hiding in peoples loft's or cupboards all over the world ???

The owner of said LCS got it off the previous owner when he purchased the shop last year - where he got it from we don't know.

I know Mile High 2 isn't offically recognised as a pedigree but I think it's a pretty cool item to have and the certificate adds some history to it.

Any thoughts on the grade ?? I got it as VFN and I think 8.0 would be about right.

589439-Mail0002.JPG

589439-Mail0003.JPG

589439-Mail0003.JPG.55e61974942361326b6f0737bf3c186c.JPG

Hi Chaps,

Picked this up at my LCS last week and I thought I would share it with you guys.

It really makes me wonder what other gems are hiding in peoples loft's or cupboards all over the world ???

The owner of said LCS got it off the previous owner when he purchased the shop last year - where he got it from we don't know.

I know Mile High 2 isn't offically recognised as a pedigree but I think it's a pretty cool item to have and the certificate adds some history to it.

Any thoughts on the grade ?? I got it as VFN and I think 8.0 would be about right.

I disagree. If it was on the MH website it would be NM/M, think positive!!

I must admit, I'm looking at it now and it's got nice bright colours.

I might even consider slabbing it - Am I correct in thinking that CGC doesn't recognise Mile High II as pedigree ??

If I was to send it in with the certificate,would they just throw it away (the certificate , not the comic) ??

I might even consider slabbing it - Am I correct in thinking that CGC doesn't recognise Mile High II as pedigree ??

If I was to send it in with the certificate,would they just throw it away (the certificate , not the comic) ??

They do sometimes note Mile High 2 on the slab label, but I'm not sure whether they'll trust anybody but Chuck Rozanski to verify the provenance. Those certificates remind me of the ones that dealers give out with autographed photos of movie stars...it's very easy to fake the certificates, so I'm never sure what they're intended to prove.

It's an interesting question--I'd call them before submitting if I were you.

Cool Book! thumbsup2.gif 8.0 sounds about right...