• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quicksilver comfirmed for movie

27 posts in this topic

I refuse to believe that any movie star who is capable of smiling can possibly play Pietro.

Jeremy Irons is the only person I can think of who has the eternal crusty expression and annoyed demeanor to properly play Quicksilver.

I like the fact that there will be dueling Quicksilvers.

It's like Fox gave a big middle finger to Disney and Whedon and it looks like there will be legal drama on the horizon.

It's like Fox gave a big middle finger to Disney and Whedon and it looks like there will be legal drama on the horizon.

thats what i thought too. not like it matters though. whedon will continue to make hits while fox and singer make horrible comic book movies.

thats what i thought too. not like it matters though. whedon will continue to make hits while fox and singer make horrible comic book movies.

+1

+1

As someone who did not buy X-Men comics... like... ever...

With the exception of the character Wolverine, the movies brought me to the X-Men. It was the same thing as Thor. I had no interest in the character until I saw the movie back in 2011.

So, Marvel beats DC to the punch again. So long Flash movie. See you in another 15 years.

In the race of indoctrinating a younger demographic into the superhero genre, you're absolutely right. It doesn't really matter to a 6 year old that Flash is older than Quicksilver - it matters who did it first and has embedded that character (and his characteristics) into the kids' brainpan.

With so many damn characters in Future Past, how significant can his role be?

You could be on to something with that statement. A huge part of social media is the constant bombardment of inane news - we may be getting all these strung out stories and pictures of insignificant cast members for the simple fact they want comic geeks to talk about it, not that he has an important role in the film.

Days of Future Past is really guilty of saturating us with information about anything and everything, and I'm just as guilty for reacting to it.

With so many damn characters in Future Past, how significant can his role be?

Good point. I was reading that Nightcrawler may even be featured in the movie. He's my favorite character of all the Marvel universe, but his appearance would just be in vain if it wasn't a significant role.

I suggest Marvel makes an X-Men movie featuring other characters who weren't in the movies or at least the ones who didn't have big roles. Gambit anyone?

+1

With the exception of the character Wolverine, the movies brought me to the X-Men. It was the same thing as Thor. I had no interest in the character until I saw the movie back in 2011.

you must have been disappointed then when you realized the comics are nothing like he movies and the comics are better than the movies.

+1

you must have been disappointed then when you realized the comics are nothing like he movies and the comics are better than the movies.

Actually - no

I want this movie to be amazing but I am beginning to think there will be too many main mutants in it for there to be any decent story going on.

+1

:lol:

-slym

I want this movie to be amazing but I am beginning to think there will be too many main mutants in it for there to be any decent story going on.

I think you might be right.

Peters will join Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Halle Berry, Daniel Cudmore, Fan Bingbing and Boo Boo Stewart in the mutant ensemble, set for release July 18, 2014.

The two names in bold above, written back to back like that, make me giggle.

-slym