• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink comments?

93 posts in this topic

Good evening! Anyone care to discuss the auction ending tonight at Comiclink?

I was quite impressed by a Sal Buscema/Joe Staton panel page from Avengers #131 going for $2,200. It's a very cool end page with the Legion of the Unliving (?), but still, that's an impressive price.

I was sad to have missed the end of an auction for a Sal Buscema/Dave Hunt page from Marvel Team-Up #57, that went for $851. If I hadn't been spending so much money lately, I could have gone a bit higher on that fine page.

Anything else exciting to report? Best, Lee

Surprised by the price of the Sub-Mariner #1 recreation going for $9100. Either that one or one like it (John did a few) was for sale for $7K within the last year.

I did get the Conan Portfolio plate by Big John. I think its one of his best pieces, been looking for it for a while.

Surprised by the price of the Sub-Mariner #1 recreation going for $9100. Either that one or one like it (John did a few) was for sale for $7K within the last year.

I did get the Conan Portfolio plate by Big John. I think its one of his best pieces, been looking for it for a while.

Congratulations on the Conan plate, Brian! That's a really nice piece. Best, Lee

Got smoked by 400 dollars on the Everett tales to astonish.......damn!

Ouch, you were really close there. I lost the Dan Jurgens/Bob Layton splash of Batroc and Cap because I didn't want to go above $400. It went for $402. Sacre bleu! Best, Lee

I know it's not on everyone's radar ... but I was surprised by how well the O'Barr art did. I thought I might get a steal, but they shot up quickly at the end.

Most looked very well bought. There were some very important pieces offered.

I was looking at a few pieces of art from my childhood memories, but the ones I was looking at went for strong prices. Any opinions on the Ernie Chan Batman #282 at $9100., is this considered a strong price, undervalued or just right for what it is?

I was looking at a few pieces of art from my childhood memories, but the ones I was looking at went for strong prices. Any opinions on the Ernie Chan Batman #282 at $9100., is this considered a strong price, undervalued or just right for what it is?

I was watching that one as well. I thought it was a pretty strong price. I expected more in the $6k to $7k range.

I was watching that one as well. I thought it was a pretty strong price. I expected more in the $6k to $7k range.

I was thinking even less than that. It's a strong price, but probably a bit of an outlier...2 bidders who really wanted it.

As one collector described it, the low-to-mid range material was generally soft, but the better pieces did well. Overall, it seemed to be a firmer auction than last week's Heritage sale.