• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink comments?

93 posts in this topic

and a death of superman card art went for 2k! It was sitting at $200 for awhile too

i cant find the link to this... any chance someone can point it out?

Wasn't that on eBay for a lot less?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F972321&id=972321

Takes 2 to noob

There's way more than two noobs out there. :gossip:

Can't imagine any experienced hands paying $9,600 for that piece. Based on the recent Heritage comps for similar pages, I would have guessed closer to half or maybe even a third of that amount.

I'll bite - I felt that Severin Tribute page belonged with me but when I saw the reserve I thought for sure it wouldn't sell...but in a way I am glad it did - nice to see Everett valued by someone enough to pay multiples of what a standard splash would be.

On Everett, the Everett TTA 89 page at $4.8k was strong given small shots of Subby but Adkin inks are slick..someone made a quick profit on an eBay BIN on that one..the Subby 58 got little respect, well bought.

Watchmen page strong at $13.5k, Sal B Avengers end page agree, Wow at $2.2K., loved the Colan pencil page but I was outbid very early - strong result.

If I hadn't bought a few pieces recently I might have bumped up the Subby 44 cover thought that was fair price...Eternals 3 cover seemed about right also; perhaps this will help the dealers who have been sitting on these to price them right (assuming they want to sell them)

Overall felt like healthy market

Mark

Everett tribute by M. Severin- just met reserve at 10K. Am I the only one who thinks this was unlikely to sell? There were real Everett Subby pages for lower.

And the really interesting result, Colan Dracula pencils going for way more than published, inked pages. And I get it, in a way- those pencils were gorgeous. I was going to bid on them, because I thought they might go for $500 or so! Is pencil Colan worth more than inked Colan?

You're not the only one. I posted something similar previously regarding some of the pieces that were eye-openers to me:

Thoughts?

Carl Burgos TTA pages with Antman and Wasp went for $855 + 900, respectively. I thought they went cheap.

Buscema Silver Surfer Judgement Day splash = $9.6K

Coipel House of M cover = $6.7K. I thought it was a strong result

Colan TOS 75 splash = $18.5K. Is this a strong result or just about right?

Colan Tomb of Dracula 24p2 (pencils only) = $2.65K. Wow!

Cooke New Frontier 4p29 = $2.55. I thought this was a strong result

Gibbons Watchmen 7p21 = $13.6K

McFarlane ASM 328p11 = $8.1K. Low, compared to the 328 page that sold on HA

Romita Jr ASM 25p11 = 5.1K. Wow!

Severin Subby 65 Everett tribute = $10K. Wow!

Trimpe Marvel Treasury #5 Hulk back cover = $8.8K

Everett tribute by M. Severin- just met reserve at 10K. Am I the only one who thinks this was unlikely to sell? There were real Everett Subby pages for lower.

And the really interesting result, Colan Dracula pencils going for way more than published, inked pages. And I get it, in a way- those pencils were gorgeous. I was going to bid on them, because I thought they might go for $500 or so! Is pencil Colan worth more than inked Colan?

You're not the only one. I posted something similar previously regarding some of the pieces that were eye-openers to me:

Thoughts?

Carl Burgos TTA pages with Antman and Wasp went for $855 + 900, respectively. I thought they went cheap.

Buscema Silver Surfer Judgement Day splash = $9.6K

Coipel House of M cover = $6.7K. I thought it was a strong result

Colan TOS 75 splash = $18.5K. Is this a strong result or just about right?

Colan Tomb of Dracula 24p2 (pencils only) = $2.65K. Wow!

Cooke New Frontier 4p29 = $2.55. I thought this was a strong result

Gibbons Watchmen 7p21 = $13.6K

McFarlane ASM 328p11 = $8.1K. Low, compared to the 328 page that sold on HA

Romita Jr ASM 25p11 = 5.1K. Wow!

Severin Subby 65 Everett tribute = $10K. Wow!

Trimpe Marvel Treasury #5 Hulk back cover = $8.8K

I thought those Burgos pages went cheap as well....a historic artist (creator of human torch if I'm not mistaken) and the pages being from the formative early marvel superhero period. Thought these would do 1500.00- 2500.00 I was waiting for the Everett or I would have bid.....it was one of those situations where I was wishing the bid to go higher for the art's sake. Congratulations to whoever got those great pages at a great price.

ok, since we want comments on finishes, I'll ask about 2 pieces that I thought went surprisingly high, and one that seemed very reasonable, what do you guys thing about:

Brigman Wolverine Splash from Alpha Flight that went for $600:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=972131

Muth Havok page with lots of white space that went for $650:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=967626

those 2 I thought went a bit high. The Fabry Preacher Cover recreation for $1,023 seemed like a good buy. Even though some of the poses/expression looked a little off:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=965796

Malvin

Takes 2 to noob

There's way more than two noobs out there. :gossip:

Can't imagine any experienced hands paying $9,600 for that piece. Based on the recent Heritage comps for similar pages, I would have guessed closer to half or maybe even a third of that amount.

I got my splash featuring the Silver Surfer taking up most of the page for a 1/4 of what that one went for.

ok, since we want comments on finishes, I'll ask about 2 pieces that I thought went surprisingly high, and one that seemed very reasonable, what do you guys thing about:

The Fabry Preacher Cover recreation for $1,023 seemed like a good buy. Even though some of the poses/expression looked a little off:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=965796

Malvin

Considering a Fabry PREACHER commission is advertised as costing $4000, I think someone got a heck of a deal on this one. And I think the price it was being shopped around for 30 days prior to the auction was at least twice the final hammer price. Yes, the faces do seem just a bit off.