• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Folds or creases

15 posts in this topic

Any one ever try to remove them from OA?

Story:I purchased a piece of art. It was a very nice piece that I was happy to add to my collection. The experience wasn't the greatest though. It arrived today, thrown in a USPS Ready Post mailer with nothing to protect it, no card board, fiber board, nothing. Just the mailer's bubble wrap. Not even a "do not bend" written on the outside. My heart sank as soon as I saw it. Needless to say I've requested some kind of refund.

In the meantime, is there any way to attempt to save this piece?

A professional restorer might be able to wash it to remove the folds/creases. You will still see signs of it but it will be alot better.

Get a quote from them, but from my experience it should be around $100-$200

This of course assumes your piece used india ink

Malvin

Any one ever try to remove them from OA?

Story:I purchased a piece of art from Le Beau Underwood, penciled by Tyler Kirkham, inked by Le himself. It was a very nice piece that I was happy to add to my collection. The experience with Le wasn't the greatest though. I had to file a dispute to get him to ship the art after payment. It arrived today, thrown in a USPS Ready Post mailer with nothing to protect it, no card board, fiber board, nothing. Just the mailer's bubble wrap. Not even a "do not bend" written on the outside. My heart sank as soon as I saw it. Needless to say I've requested some kind of refund from Le and will steer clear of doing business with him in the future.

In the meantime, is there any way to attempt to save this piece?

I had a similar experience with an artist, had my page pressed by Joeypost, excellent results.

Read more here + pics