• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completed my pop-punk art grail last night!!!

3 posts in this topic

One of my favorite bands since I was in middle school has always been (A) New Found Glory.

In issue 591 of Amazing Spider-Man, the band was mentioned in one panel.

mQRWdO7FUmhzhup1MIe4yH5Wo1_500.jpg

Off I went looking for the page of original artwork. The problem began with finding out that three different artist worked on the book, Barry Kitson, Dave Eaglesham, and Jesse Delperdang. I began searching and ultimately found the page in the Dave Eaglesham section on theartistschoice.com. Thanks to the Christmas sale I was even able to get it for a great deal.

asm591007_zps5d5fc734.jpg

With my new grail hanging on my wall I started to wonder what to do with the blank space. I thought about getting a stat made of the top panel and placing it with it, but that seemed kind of cheesy to me. Being the NFG fan I am and the ease of meeting the band (which I've done 5 of the 7 times I've seen them) I thought it would be cool to get the band to sign the page (Sacrilege! I know).

Well, last night (May 23rd) they were performing at the Thompson House in Newport, Ky for their 10 year anniversary of their album 'Sticks and Stones'. When we arrived I found out the show was sold out, luckily I purchased my tickets the week they became available.

IMAG1280_zpsea8e6bc7.jpg

Anyhow, after the show (which was awesome) I stayed out back with my page and waited for the band to come out. One by one each member would mosey around and I would get them to sign. It was great seeing each members face asking my what it was or where it came from. Generally each interaction include the phrase "holy f$#@, that's awesome!". Steve, the guitar player, even asked me "so this is the only one... ever?". I thought it was pretty cool seeing everyone reaction. Cyrus, the drummer, even told me he didn't own a copy of the book and should probably get one.

Here is a photo of Jordan Pundik, singer, with my after I finished getting all of the members to sign the page.

IMG_6478_zpsf6bd6acc.jpg

This is a the page now.

IMAG1287_zps6aee6547.jpg

And.. a closeup.

IMAG1288_zpsf21d211a.jpg

So all in all it was a great evening and a large chapter closed in my grail search.

achievement_unlocked.png

Now on to find out how I can get the band to sign the issue and get it graded as well. Hmmmm....

Here's a bonus picture of one of my heroes Ian Grushka, the bassist, and I.

IMG_4838_zpsa501c21f.jpg

Pop-Punks not dead!

-CRNBRD