• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books would you love to see get finished?

102 posts in this topic

Not sure if this already exists, but I was just thinking about a few books that I loved that didn't necessarily get cancelled, but just stopped coming out.

The two I can think of right now are Fell, which had 8 or 9 issues and just stopped and the Image book from quite a few years back called Pretty Baby Machine that had only 1 issue and nothing else.

Anyone have any books they'd almost pay someone to finish?

There was a book from Harris comics in the early 90's . It was called Twister . It was basically a serial killer hunting serial killers . When the tv show Dexter came out it reminded me of it . I think only one issue came out, it was polybagged and had some extra stuff , A poster and I dont remember what else . It was a really good story . I enjoyed it alot . I was really looking forward to reading the next issue. But no new issue ever came .

I found the author online a few years back. He has a website so I contacted him. He said he was going to put the unreleased material up. I think it was supposed to be a 4 issue mini series . I havent checked his website in a while. I waited a year and never saw the material posted. I meant to message him again. But I kind of figured I wouldnt bother him . Does anyone else remember this ?

1 Miracleman...duh

2 Fell for sure.9 was the last issue released. You can prolly find the run cheap at lcs dollar sales. Great short detective stories.

3 Anna Mercury 2 by Ellis .. 3 was the last issue released. Pretty sure Ellis said it was finished and it was in Avatar's hands. Maybe they said F it cause of delay and it wasn't selling enough? Maybe Anna did the long red hair wig thing before Batwoman? Basically a red hair chick kicks butt with some time jumping or world jumping. Good stuff.

4 Doktor Sleepless by Warren Ellis...Amazing book! I think 12 was the last issue released. Very dense with a lot going on. Little kid witnesses his parents death or one of his parents death and obsesses over some book reading it till it falls apart. Grows up and invents something to do with computers, gets rich off it and becomes a mad genius that really F's with the city he grew up in. There's one part where he goes to a foreign country to learn about and "expand" his mind with Ayahuasca. A long time ago... Ellis said he wanted to do one more extra long concluding issue.

5 Four Eyes by Joe Kelly.. 1-4 was released. Cool book about illegal dragon fighting rings during the great depression. Great art.

You can prolly find all those cheap except Miracleman.

If anybody knows anything about these delays besides Miracleman, Holla!

Rusty Spade: Metaphysical Metal Detective - The Blue Lily, by Angus McKie.

Only two issues came out, and it was great.

from the Wikipedia entry:

«In 1993 he wrote and drew the first 2 parts of a science fiction comic published by Dark Horse entitled "The Blue Lily", based on Dave Weir's short story. As of 2011, McKie was reportedly working on the last 2 parts of the work in his spare time.»

:wishluck:

bl1.jpgbl2.jpg

I'm going to second Battle Chasers, that story never really got going but had some potential. Too bad Joe Mad! can't seem to make a deadline to save his life.