• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books would you love to see get finished?

102 posts in this topic

Xenozoic Tales!!

+ 1 :applause:

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.................................GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And I'll raise that another 10...

Battle Chasers - Joe Mad's unprofessionalism at its finest.

Fell - great self-contained stories, although the mystery of the old lady was never really resolved.

Liberty Meadows - a really great humor book. I wish Cho would continue it.

Miracleman - need I say more?

Daredevil: The Target - really good first issue, then just disappeared.

Cloudfall by Robert Kirkman and E J Su. It came out a long time ago so all I remember is that it was awsome. Gonna have to reread.

@LanceTX and anyone else interested, I found some old Four Eyes news on Joe Kelly's facebook said they were back at it but that was in May 2012! Maybe they want to get 4 issues done before the solicit? I hope. And found some artwork here

http://maxfiumara.blogspot.com/search/label/Four%20Eyes

for issues 5 and some others!

Well there you go. Maybe it will finish at some point.

There was a book called The Privateers back in the 80s, drawn by Tom Grummett. It was supposed to be a twelve issue series that only went two or three issues.

I'd also love to see Chuck Austen continue with both Strips and Hero Sandwich.

Secret started off well and then just fell off the face of the earth. Apparently the artist got really sick, and Image will release #3 in a month or two with a giant synopsis of what would have happened if the book had continued.

+1 for Secret. Mixed messages at the moment re whether it will actually carry on (I read somewhere that in addition to 3 being released soon, 4 has been solicited).

While we're on the subject of Hickman, The Core, which he did for Pilot Season a few years ago, looked promising too...

Does anyone remember Pretty Baby Machine? The book where Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson and Machine Gun Kelly try and kill Al Capone.

I also thought that Last of the Greats never finished, but I saw Brent Peeples at Dallas Comic Con last week and he had the last 2 issues.

Miracleman.

The Last Galactus Story (I have read the synopsis, but it'd be nice to have in story form).

A "Conan the King" story, "The Prince Is Dead" -- Alan Zelenetz had a real epic going, but then left the comic, and the subsequent writer trashed everything going and it quickly became unreadable. Damn shame.

I'm certain Mark Evanier has some more Crossfire stories in him.

Negation

+1,000,000

Negation War!!! I loved the CrossGen universe. Negation was simply an incredible title. Negation War was supposed to answer a lot of questions about this universe, and got two issues out when CrossGen declared bankruptcy. I felt like I got shot in the heart. Still stings to this day. :frustrated::cry:

Why'd you have to dredge up these memories?? I HATE THIS THREAD! :cry::cry::cry:

There's one abrupt ending where I would pay to have the creators kiss my grits instead of finish it, and that's Top Ten Season Two. Advertised as a new season of Top Ten (where the first season was a self-contained 12 issue storyline), they published the first four issues and then stopped in the middle of the storyline. Turns out they only planned to print the first four - even though it sets up what appears to be a 12-issue arc - to gauge demand for the title. So much for good faith.

Here's a hint: If you are only going to publish four issues, write a four issue arc. Or at least tell people up front what the plan is instead of scamming readers. My LCS is not Kickstarter.

rantrant

Ms Marvel from the 70's. The next issue blurb in what turned out to be the last issue announced her fighting Sabretooth, which would've been cool.

Epic Illustrated: So I could finally read the rest of The Last Galactus Story.

Ms Marvel from the 70's. The next issue blurb in what turned out to be the last issue announced her fighting Sabretooth, which would've been cool.

Did not know this (I never read the last issue, I guess, as I read it in italian). That would have been cool indeed (even if I don’t care excessively about Sabretooth)!

I'm embarrassed to say, Skull the Slayer.

+1

and also, Amazing Adventures with Killraven

McGregor and Russel wrapped up the loose ends in the Killraven graphic novel, or am I missing something?