• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books would you love to see get finished?

102 posts in this topic

Ms Marvel from the 70's. The next issue blurb in what turned out to be the last issue announced her fighting Sabretooth, which would've been cool.

http://www.comics.org/issue/106095/

I would love to see the ending of Alan Moore's Supreme. :censored: you, Liefeld!

I've seen an alleged cover, but I think that's the only thing that exists for Ms Marvel 24.

Ms Marvel from the 70's. The next issue blurb in what turned out to be the last issue announced her fighting Sabretooth, which would've been cool.

Did not know this (I never read the last issue, I guess, as I read it in italian). That would have been cool indeed (even if I don’t care excessively about Sabretooth)!

I'm embarrassed to say, Skull the Slayer.

+1

and also, Amazing Adventures with Killraven

McGregor and Russel wrapped up the loose ends in the Killraven graphic novel, or am I missing something?

I thought the same thing (shrug)

McGregor and Russel wrapped up the loose ends in the Killraven graphic novel, or am I missing something?

The Killraven graphic novel is one of the few truly important Marvel graphic novels, highly recommended for all those which do not have it.

I liked it a bit less than the original series, but more than "The Death of Captain Marvel" which did not impress me that much, despite the great idea at its core.

The Killraven graphic novel is one of the few truly important Marvel graphic novels, highly recommended for all those which do not have it.

I liked it a bit less than the original series, but more than "The Death of Captain Marvel" which did not impress me that much, despite the great idea at its core.

Not to go too far off thread, but I have to agree with you. I enjoyed TDoCM, but I didn't read it until years after publication and thought it was good as opposed to "great". I personally enjoyed the Starlin stories from the Captain Marvel series and the Avengers & MTIO annuals more.

Epic Illustrated: So I could finally read the rest of The Last Galactus Story.

The unpublished Ms. Marvel stories were published many years later.

This issue has the story where Rogue steals Ms. Marvel's powers.

Marvel Super-Heroes (Vol. 2) #11

V2_011_Marvel_Super-Heroes_535px_zps5a26319e.png

I think the Sabretooth story was published in an adjacent issue.

DG

Opps! The link above is it..

Not to go too far off thread, but I have to agree with you. I enjoyed TDoCM, but I didn't read it until years after publication and thought it was good as opposed to "great". I personally enjoyed the Starlin stories from the Captain Marvel series and the Avengers & MTIO annuals more.

That's funny. I picked up a copy of TDoCM recently and read through it for the second time in my life; the first time was probably 20 years ago. I thought it spent too much time going over the same points, how unfair it was that Captain Marvel was dying, heroes showing up to pay their respects, etc. The fight between Captain Marvel and Thanos toward the end is anti-climatically, since we know Thanos is not really dead. That took quite a bit of the meaning out of the story whereas when the story was originally told back in the early 80s, I believe Thanos was dead in the Marvel universe. If Thanos had remained dead, the story would have held up better IMHO.

Anyone say Star Hunters yet? I enjoyed it as a kid and it's always bothered me that my set is "complete" but the story isn't.

DC could do worse than revive the Star Hunters as a Vertigo title. While they are at it, why is it taking so long for another Kamandi series?

Negation

+1,000,000

Negation War!!! I loved the CrossGen universe. Negation was simply an incredible title. Negation War was supposed to answer a lot of questions about this universe, and got two issues out when CrossGen declared bankruptcy. I felt like I got shot in the heart. Still stings to this day. :frustrated::cry:

Why'd you have to dredge up these memories?? I HATE THIS THREAD! :cry::cry::cry:

I absolutely loved Negation and Negation War. It still chaps my hide that we haven't see the end.

I agree on Sojourn too. It was more out of simple fun.

I had HIGH hopes that Sojourn and Negation would be finished when the re-booted Crossgen stuff started. But they picked the absolute worst books and it died quickly. I'm curious why they didn't try others.

I was enjoying the Thanos series that ended at #12. I'd at least like to see the last arc finished.

Pat

Epic Illustrated: So I could finally read the rest of The Last Galactus Story.

The unpublished Ms. Marvel stories were published many years later.

This issue has the story where Rogue steals Ms. Marvel's powers.

Marvel Super-Heroes (Vol. 2) #11

V2_011_Marvel_Super-Heroes_535px_zps5a26319e.png

I think the Sabretooth story was published in an adjacent issue.

DG

Opps! The link above is it..

I feel stupid, I just glanced over what the other poster said. I just purchased these two issues on Ebay and look forward to reading them, thanks to you both!

This is like discovering ice cream at 40 :cloud9:

Fell #10 news!!!! Ellis posted this on his website today.

"Ben keeps making muttering sounds about that issue of FELL he’s working on, but, frankly, the man’s barely alive from the workload he’s got, so I don’t press him on it."