• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD & Closed -- Akiko original series Set 1-42 + dupe set

7 posts in this topic

Wrapping up some spring cleaning. . .

Akiko 1-42

Bought new and stored for the last 17 years.

Average condition: NM 9.4. Might be a few 9.2s, 9.6s and 9.8s. They’re really nice. #32 is a double cover.

+ Akiko on the Planet Smoo (1995 predates the series)

For kicks, I’ll throw in another near-complete set with these. The second set is missing #16, 39, 41. Unlike the first set, it also includes #44. 47, 48, and 50. This second set averages more like 9.0. Like the first group, there are 9.4s, 9.6s, and probably a 9.8 or two, but there are also a few that have creases here and there that dip down in to the 8.0 – 8.5 range.

Great read. The graphic novel reprints are out of print and not readily available without being jacked up on ebay or Amazon (some prices are ridiculous of course), so these represent a more affordable chance (for now) of reading some of these.

Cost me about $220.00 off the stands.

Out the door for $60.00 $54.00 including shipping ***

Check or MO preferred. If you're going Paypal, throw in an extra $4.00.

Shipping outside US is OK, but it'll be $55 $49.00 + buyer pays exact cost.

Satisfaction unconditionally guaranteed.

First :takeit: gets it.

***I’ll pay the shipping if buyer doesn’t mind them being multi-packed. They’re not bagged/boarded, so I’d throw them all in a few magazine-polys (about 15 per mag bag) and ship them at a flat-rate that runs me about $11.30. If the buyer wants them shipped some other way, then I’ll sell the whole set for $55.00 $49.00 and buyer pays EXACT shipping.

akiko1_zps0ae690b3.jpg

akiko_set_zps9a1dfc75.jpg

That's some really good comics for kids of all ages. :applause:

:takeit:

My eight year old girl and I are going to love this set. I have long been a fan. :grin:

PM me when you get a chance.

When this series came out my daughter was 9 years old. We had so much fun reading these stories when it was bed time. I encouraged her to send a letter into Mark Crilley. She drew her favorite characters and wrote a letter and Mark printed her letter & drawings on the letters page of the comic. How cool is that!

We did that with the Bone series too which we read at bedtime and Jeff Smith put her letter into Bone too. Super fun.

:takeit:

My eight year old girl and I are going to love this set. I have long been a fan. :grin:

PM me when you get a chance.

SOLD! ^^

THanks so much! Perfect for an 8 year-old. I teach 3rd grade (8 years olds) in San Diego Unified and have the Akiko anthologies in my classroom comics library. They are universally loved. My own 10 year old loved 'em too. A great series that's fun for ALL ages.